ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 24, 2006

Swap meet

I have joined another swap - the Favorite Colour Exchange.

1. What are your top three favorite colors?

Good thing the question is for top 3, because it occurs to me that I don't have a hands down favourite. Lime green, Teal, and Red (blue-toned rather than orange-toned) would be the current top 3.

2. What crafts do you really enjoy?

Knitting. I am thinking of doing some knitting with beads, as well as some dyeing. I have no plans to start spinning. I fully intend to get a sewing machine one of these days and start to sew again, but I don't forsee it happening for at least the next year or so. I am making stitch markers with beads, but don't have any plans to do beading for the sake of beading.

3. What products do you really covet?

Stitch markers, general knitting notions other than straights or circ needles(I have 1 CHIBI, 2 old tape measures, and a 3mm crochet hook - no partridge in a pear tree, no needle gauge, no cable needles, no row counters, etc). I am magic looping my first sock, and would like to try knitting socks on dpns next. Some basic beading supplies would be handy as well - I am using a needle nose plier from the hardware store. I would like to find a pattern for a completely beaded purse or wallet that would involve knitting with small beads rather than sewing beads on the purse.

4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?

Skiing. Reading. Napping. I also enjoy travelling to large cities and checking out the cultural happenings and public art, trying new restaurants, etc(and the yarn shops, of course)

5. Is there anything you collect?

Dust. (See question 9)

6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol?

I am a Libra. I believe that I am a Sheep in the Chinese zodiac.

7.What are your favorite…

…scents/smells?
lavender, cloves, jasmine, chai tea blends.

…types of music and/or bands?
80's music, current indie stuff (no urban or country please)

…authors?
Somerset Maugham. Marian Keyes is the only modern author who comes to mind in terms as someone who's books I specifically see out.

…animals?
My cats.

…places to shop?
I love shopping in consignment/clearance stores, or in the sales racks of regular shops. Love getting those bargains. And yarn shops.

…season?
The off season. Shoulder seasons might be the best way to put it - late enough in spring that you can break out the summer clothes, and early enough in autumn that the leaves haven't fallen off the trees yet. The time of year that children are in school, and not travelling.

…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies?
I am crossing over to the dark side [sock knitting]. I would looove to try some bamboo or soy sock yarn (if these things exist). I tend to avoid novelty yarns. Am also trying out dye-ing yarn; any (non-Kool aid)dye things that will colour plant or animal fibres would be cool.

…candies or goodies?
Dark Chocolate. Almonds:plain/smoked/spiced/chocolate covered/marzipan, etc.

8. Do you have any wish lists?

World peace, chocolate that burns fat and lowers cholesterol levels, for my cats to stop shedding, for DH to put the blasted toiled seat down, a cure for chronic cough, and that all the master tapes and copies of "Lady in Red" be collected, stacked in a pile, and made into a huge bonfire.

Oh, you mean a shopping list type wish list? I am in the process of setting one up on Amazon.ca.

9. Are you allergic to anything?

No, but one of my cats has food allergies, and I think the other one may be allergic to housedust {which would be quite ironic since a large proportion of house dust is shed human skin cells - which would imply that my cat is allergic to me}

10. Do you have any pets? What are they?

2 cats, who are my child equivalents (just waaaay easier to fit into my lifestyle than actual children. We can leave them locked in the house with food and water if we go away for the weekend and they are fine. Just try doing that with kids. All of a sudden, you are on the front page of the local newspaper.)

11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy.

Coming soon...By the way - my SP8 questionnaire might be in my blog archives.

Comments on "Swap meet"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jul 24, 05:42:00 PM EDT) : 

Ooooh, now I have ideas!

Love....

Colour Swap Pal

~x~

 

Blogger Westozcaat said ... (Mon Jul 24, 11:31:00 PM EDT) : 

this looks cool- is ot too late to join it- if not how do i join?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jul 24, 11:49:00 PM EDT) : 

Great to read through your answers, they were highly interesting!

 

Blogger Lorette said ... (Thu Jul 27, 12:24:00 PM EDT) : 

Ha! I laughed out loud at your answer about the pets. Mine are my child equivalents, also, for the same reasons. As a last resort, you can send them back to the pound if they are really horrible; try doing that with your children.

 

post a comment