ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 24, 2006

Lazy Hazy Sunday

A roundup of stuff from the last week:
Good weather for a nap.
Spent some time in the evenings working on my sock. Here's where it was at on Friday. Was visited by a sock yarn connoisseur. I have made much more progress, and have just started the ribbing.

I picked up this great skirt at a boutique across the street from my office - they had sale racks on the sidewalk and it caught my eye as I was on my way to the postal outlet. A few days later, a patient was telling me "Oh, I wanted to get that skirt, but they didn't have it in my size!" Too bad for her - I scored the only size L.
You can never have too many peacock themed items of clothing. The sequins aren't completely secure - every so often I spy one on the floor - it's like a little shiny trail.
This great yarn is the second skein that my one skein pal sent me. I think I am going to use to make a dreamswatch I will probably use it as a sash with this skirt. I might try to use it as a headwrap as well, but scarves, etc always seem to slide down my hair.

Amusing story for the weekend: To celebrate our anniversary, we went for dinner at a winery. It was damned hot out on the patio, even though it was 7:30 at night. We got a bottle of champagne to have with our dinner, and DH wasn't that crazy about it - it had a bit of a brandy-like aftertaste. I, however, quite enjoyed it, and ended up finishing the bottle. (keep in mind that dinners at wineries are always long, leisurely affairs, which last a few hours). After we went to bed, I started to notice that the room was spinning...I then proceeded to spend the next hour and a half on the bathroom floor. Kyle was trying to help me out - giving me gravol (which didn't stick around long enough to work), and finding an elastic so I could tie back my hair. He finally decided that reinforcements were necessary, so he went downstairs and brought Greedo up to cheer me up. Greedo of course was very confused because we always yell at him if he comes into the bedroom. So that's the memory of our 6th anniversary that will always stick in my mind - Kyle bringing me a cat to make me feel better

Comments on "Lazy Hazy Sunday"

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Mon Jul 24, 02:51:00 PM EDT) : 

Cool skirt.

And girl - another swap? Heh.

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Mon Jul 24, 05:57:00 PM EDT) : 

Sad, isn't it.
Mom had to pay the other kids to play with me...

Theoretically this is my opportunity to spread goodwill and bits of my stash around the world.

 

post a comment