ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Tenacity of Beauty

As I walked down our street the other day, I looked down into the gutter.


It looked like someone had dropped a plant onto the road.

But on closer inspection, it appears that this plant is rooted in the organic matter that has built up on the street. In other parts of our neighborhood, there are weeds of all sorts that are thriving in the gutter. I don't know if this is a normal occurence, or if this is a byproduct of our recent municipal strike - maybe we missed a few street cleanings?




The streets beautify themselves.

Maybe next year I'll toss some sunflower seeds onto the street and see what happens.

Labels:

Comments on "The Tenacity of Beauty"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Mon Aug 24, 10:50:00 AM EDT) : 

It's the common mallow:

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/hort/news/hortmatt/2004/28hrt04a5.htm

Problem weed of the month, according to the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture!

Tenacious, yes! I'm helping friends get it out of their lawn. It is beautiful though.

 

Blogger Kaye said ... (Mon Aug 24, 11:33:00 AM EDT) : 

There's a storm drain here that had petunias growing out of it. It was really kinda cool. Gutterflower!

 

post a comment