ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 22, 2009

It could be worse...

The issue with my neck (a prolapsed C6/7 disk) is unfortunate, but at least the big old tree in our backyard* made it through Friday's storm OK.

This house is about 8 doors down from us:

This side street is a block and a bit away:

These people have been without power for 40+ hours;


And 2.5 blocks away from us there was this carnage:

Luckily, the only damage was downed power lines

As I walked by, I heard a father reassure his small daughter "It's OK, the wires can't shock you - they aren't electrified anymore"


It must have been quite the sound when this tree limb was ripped off by the wind.


And we didn't even get hit by the tornados that touched down north of the city.
*This tree is right beside our garage, and is taller than our house. If it toppled over it would take out 2 garages at minimum, and could easily hit one of 4 houses. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.










Labels:

Comments on "It could be worse..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Aug 22, 09:14:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow! I'm glad the damage wasn't worse. Here it was pretty blowy and stormy but rain was all we got.

Let me know if you're in want/need of any readable things or watchable things. I am happy to offer supplies if needed!

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sun Aug 23, 09:48:00 AM EDT) : 

Hopefully that is the closest for all time.

 

Blogger TracyKM said ... (Sun Aug 30, 11:06:00 AM EDT) : 

I thought my son was the only one who said "Electrified" LOL.
I lived north of Toronto and storms like that were pretty common, so it was strange to totally miss this one!

 

post a comment