ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Better than drugs

Anti-inflammatories did squat, P#rcoc@t makes me sleepy, and Lyrica makes me feel drunk (without the hangover at least).

Neck traction

So right now I am spelling relief T-R-A-C-T-I-O-N. That thing in the lower left corner of the photograph is a bag holding 20 lbs of water, which is hanging from a pulley that is hanging from the door to our main floor bathroom.

Poor poor me
I sit like this for 10-30 minutes several times a day. The idea is to take the pressure off of the cervical spine so that there is less pressure on the disc. The cats find it quite fascinating.

I posted these photos on Flickr because I took them with my Blackberry - if they end up being "faved" by some bondage freakshows enthusiasts, this post will disappear. So enjoy my frog imitation while you can.

Comments on "Better than drugs"

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sun Aug 23, 09:55:00 AM EDT) : 

Ribbit. I'm glad it's helping.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Aug 23, 11:38:00 AM EDT) : 

And are those self portraits? Best ever! That takes talent!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Sun Aug 23, 11:59:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow, that looks - uncomfortable! Glad it's helping, though!

 

Blogger deirdre said ... (Sun Aug 23, 12:46:00 PM EDT) : 

Excellent self-portraiture! And how lucky that you have a traction device handy... glad it's helping

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Sun Aug 23, 12:50:00 PM EDT) : 

OMG!!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sun Aug 23, 03:28:00 PM EDT) : 

Can you knit while standing there in the contraption?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Sun Aug 23, 03:32:00 PM EDT) : 

Yikes, that looks almost medieval! Hope that it helps and that your are painfree soon.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Aug 23, 05:41:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow, you took those shots, while in traction. You're hardcore!

You're extremely lucky your cats don't think the 20 lb bag of water is a cat toy. Mine would have sunk their claws into it by now, that much is sure.

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (Sun Aug 23, 08:04:00 PM EDT) : 

I'm not ashamed about my love for Percocets! I got 10 of them when I had some teeth out, and I didn't need them then (ibuprofen was good enough). So I saved them for when my cramps were unbelievable. Ahhh. They lasted me almost 2 years. But now they're gone and I can't get more because I heard if you go to the doctor and ask for something like Percocets, they get ideas about you. Ha ha ha.

Glad you're finding some relief, and also glad the cats are enjoying your apparatus! Hope you feel better soon. <3

 

Blogger Peggy said ... (Mon Aug 24, 09:21:00 AM EDT) : 

Gosh! Hope you are feeling better!

 

Blogger Christina K. said ... (Mon Aug 24, 12:25:00 PM EDT) : 

OMG - feel better soon.

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Mon Aug 24, 06:54:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh wow. But at least you don't have to stay in that all day! But still. Oy. Hope you feel better quickly!

 

Blogger yarn4kalei said ... (Sat Aug 29, 02:20:00 PM EDT) : 

You are so lucky to have one of those at home! They are heaven! I hurt my neck last year and it was the only thing that truly helped. But I had to go to a physical therapist 3 times a week to use it. I know it looks crazy but i agree that the relief that you feel as soon as it takes the pressure off of your sore disc is amazing. Good luck with the pain going away soon!

 

Blogger Anne-Caroline Norman said ... (Sat Aug 29, 10:04:00 PM EDT) : 

From one doctor to another, this is hysterical. But I'm sure glad you found something that helps!

 

post a comment