ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 22, 2009

New socks!

I finished the Close Your Eyes And Think of England Socks:

Close your eyes and think of England completed

You have to love that Lorna's Laces yardage; I still have 20g of yarn remaining.

So tonight I plan to cast on for my next pair with this yarn:
Rorschach Socks to be

It's Flat Feet by Conjoined Creations - I picked it up in Alaska during the Sea Socks Cruise last year. Because each flat is an original, so there are no real colourways. I have taken the liberty of labelling it "Rorschach's Blue Period". The pattern I plan to use is Diamante; I selected it because the designer has large feet, so I know for certain that the pattern should fit me as written (plus it is toe up; . It's going to be interesting to see how this knits up The flat is about 100 stitches across, (and the sock is 72 stiches) so it's really hard to predict. I guess that the green is pretty likely to pool, but I have no idea what is going to happen with the purple/blue/white bits. I'm christening them "Rorschach Socks"; hopefully they will help me to maintain my sanity.

Labels: ,

Comments on "New socks!"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Aug 23, 07:04:00 AM EDT) : 

love them!! i'm curious to see how the flat feet knit up.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sun Aug 23, 09:52:00 AM EDT) : 

We'll be hoping for progress pics of the green purple blue white socks. Vicarious knitting. The close your eyes socks are pretty. Nice work, especially considering you had your eyes closed.

 

post a comment