ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 21, 2009

Trifecta of misery

Right now, I am dealing with
- Seeing The Blue Screen Of Death every time I turn on my new laptop
- Pain in my right arm due to a prolapsed disc in my neck*
- The Gambler being out of town until the end of next week

Wah.
Poor me
This neck collar wasn't able to provide adequate traction, so now I intemittently hook myself up to a contraption that involves pulleys and straps and a bag that contains 20 lbs of water. The cats find it quite fascinating.

I am very tempted to buy myself some yarn from Indigodragonfly.

Or maybe I'll just spread the word about her offerings so that no yarn will remain by the time I make a selection...








* Rest assured that I can still knit (what else am I supposed to do while I'm sitting in the traction device?) Luckily I have not lost any strength or coordination; I just have to deal with a constant aching pain in my forearm and numbness in my index and middle fingers.

Comments on "Trifecta of misery"

 

Blogger Caffeine Girl said ... (Fri Aug 21, 02:30:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh, you poor thing. I hope both luck and healing come your way!

 

Blogger Kimberly said ... (Fri Aug 21, 03:11:00 PM EDT) : 

Yikes! I hope you recover quickly, though I do like the idea of forced knitting time...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Aug 21, 03:20:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear you are all laid up. And also very sorry about the BSOD, there is nothing worse to add to misery.

I am considering a Toronto jaunt either Wed or Thurs...if you're mobile or up for other non-mobile company be sure to let me know!

(PS if I was in your trifecta I would probably not be able to resist the yarn retail therapy. You are strong.)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Fri Aug 21, 03:24:00 PM EDT) : 

Wish I could help you out with the yarn thing - ToadKill and Marshee - look like MY colours! But I really should diversify ;-)

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (Fri Aug 21, 03:29:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh, ugh. Hubby's had to do the bag-o-water traction thingy, too. Here's hoping it helps you quickly!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Fri Aug 21, 04:58:00 PM EDT) : 

ow, ow, ow!!

Yes, knit on and hopefully buy some yarn during blue screen intervals.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Fri Aug 21, 04:58:00 PM EDT) : 

ow, ow, ow!!

Yes, knit on and hopefully buy some yarn during blue screen intervals.

 

Blogger Martina said ... (Fri Aug 21, 05:24:00 PM EDT) : 

It is a good summer look though! LOL
Hope it heals quickly. You must be off work then. Please tell me it is not your holidays!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Fri Aug 21, 06:15:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh OW! I hope you recover quickly. That doesn't look comfortable at all! =(

 

Blogger MaƂgorzata said ... (Fri Aug 21, 07:32:00 PM EDT) : 

OUCH! Hope you are better soon. OUCH, OUCH!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Aug 21, 07:59:00 PM EDT) : 

It almost looks like the cats are holding you hostage.

"Send tuna or she gets it!!!"

Hope you feel better soon!

 

Blogger Ev said ... (Sat Aug 22, 12:03:00 AM EDT) : 

What happened???

 

Anonymous Geri said ... (Sat Aug 22, 01:40:00 AM EDT) : 

Ouch! Do you have someone to do grocery shopping for you? I would imagine leaving the house would be quite painful.

I had the same laptop issue only a few months after I bought my Toshiba laptop. Your warranty will most likely cover the laptop repair. You'll probably get a new motherboard. The good news was that the repair didn't delete any of my files. Good luck!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Aug 22, 05:14:00 PM EDT) : 

Ouch! Did you have an accident, or was it just one of those random disk slippage things?

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sun Aug 23, 09:45:00 AM EDT) : 

Hang in there.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

 

post a comment