ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 03, 2009

Goings on

My but this summer has flown by! Sadly, this has been partly because I have been working more than I should (We really really really need to hire another 2 doctors to work in our ICU).
However, I am in the midst of a short stretch of days off (it was supposed to be 10 days, but that shrank down to 6 all of a sudden - grrrrr), so I have been able to get out a bit.


Thursday evening The Gambler and I were finally able to sit down and celebrate our anniversary together. So we cracked open a bottle of wine.


Literally.



This wasn't even a bottle of wine that had travelled cross country during one of our moves - he had picked it up less than 2 weeks ago!



On Friday I hung out with Glenna and Kim (who is a very talented dyer: check out her wares here and here); we had lunch, then visited The Naked Sheep and The Purple Purl.


There were many pretty yarns to see, but all in all, this was the most beautiful thing I saw that day:




The 5+ week long civic workers strike is over! Garbage cleanup has begun!!!



And I have even had some time for knitting - I picked up Ella Freezes Over after ohaboutayearandahalforso.



Note to self - converting a shawl pattern from worsted weight on 6mm needles to laceweight on 3mm needles may seem like a good idea, but it is not. Going from a gauge of 20 st/24 rows to 32 st/40 rows does not make for a quick knit.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Goings on"

 

Blogger Mary deB said ... (Mon Aug 03, 12:06:00 PM EDT) : 

Sad about the wine, happy about the garbage truck, too. That shawl will be lovely, but big needles do go so fast!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Aug 03, 12:14:00 PM EDT) : 

Whoa! I have never seen a bottle of wine do that, that is crazy. did you still drink it?

The Americo yarn sends its best regards and is patiently letting me pet it while I work furiously finishing my sock summit homework...

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Mon Aug 03, 04:05:00 PM EDT) : 

Total bummer about the wine. But that is awesomewonderful about the garbage!

Woo-hoo!!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Aug 03, 08:40:00 PM EDT) : 

HOly crap--cracking open indeed!!!

Five weeks? Hooley booley, what did y'all do in the meantime?

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Mon Aug 03, 11:10:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh how the city must have smelled! What a welcome site for everyone I'm sure.

I was going to ask if you drank the wine still too. I suppose if you had a decanter or a strainer you could have. I'da been scared of broken glass!

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sun Aug 09, 12:39:00 PM EDT) : 

Very cunnung punning. I think a smaller gauge is just what that shawl needed. I like the yarn.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Mon Aug 17, 08:54:00 PM EDT) : 

Happy Anniversary!

Had this happen with a bottle once, decided not to drink from it.
Good call not to spend your time off in the ER as a patient!

And... wow. Garbage. Summer. Gag.

 

Blogger Ana Petrova said ... (Mon Aug 17, 10:21:00 PM EDT) : 

Missed you at the Sock Summit, there were about 20 people from SeaSocks.

Happy Knitting.
ana

 

post a comment