ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A New Old LYS

I am now officially spoiled.

Before, I envied those who lived mere steps from a nice friendly neighborhood LYS.
Now I did live close to a shop which sold yarn, but the customer service there left much to be desired. (Remember the Seinfeld episode where they went to get soup? Enough said)
If I wanted to go visit a yarn shop and just hang out for a while, I would have to travel anywhere from 20 - 45 minutes by either car or public transit.

But lo and behold, the other day I noticed a thread on Ravelry about that nearby Yarn Shop having new management!

It turns out that the "new" Passionknit is a super friendly place. And slowly but surely it is filling up with lovely yarns.

Wall of Bliss
As you can see, they are one delivery away from completing their Wall of Bliss!

Word is that there will be a Monday night SnB starting some time this fall - and loads of classes too. I can hardly wait!!

I have really got to start making some headway on stash reduction!

Labels:

Comments on "A New Old LYS"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Aug 28, 08:04:00 AM EDT) : 

More yarn for you!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Fri Aug 28, 09:24:00 AM EDT) : 

Woo hoo! Yay for new management!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Fri Aug 28, 12:00:00 PM EDT) : 

How is there going to be stash *reduction* when a new yarn store moves into the neighbourhood?

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Fri Aug 28, 08:02:00 PM EDT) : 

Yeah, how's your stash reduction coming along? Mine has been a bit... slow ever since I discovered that there are 2 yarn stores within a 30 minute walk form our house.

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Fri Aug 28, 08:51:00 PM EDT) : 

That is such great news! That shop is too cute to suffer at the hands of such sourpusses.

BTW - glad you're back to blogging! Maybe I should follow your lead?

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Sat Aug 29, 09:54:00 AM EDT) : 

My closest LYS closed earlier this year. My favorite one is 1.3 miles from the office, and there's another great [new] one on the long-way-home from work. The one in the town where I used to live is owned by a woman we refer to as "She Who Must Not Be Named". She has never been rude to *me*, but she has been awful to several of my friends, so she hasn't gotten any of my business since I found out.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Thu Sep 03, 05:19:00 PM EDT) : 

What is "stash reduction?" Shaving your upper lip? A guy named Stanislav on a diet? Please explain this exotic terminology.

 

Anonymous Kim said ... (Tue Sep 22, 12:10:00 PM EDT) : 

Ah! I remember the old Passionknit far too well! Is it really much better? I'll have to visit next I'm in TO.

How's the shoulder?

 

post a comment