ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Time flies when you work too much...

Oy. You know you don't have nearly enough "Me" time when you create your "February 2009" photo folder on February 18th.
Several months back I read somewhere that economic times are uncertain, and many people lose/are in fear of losing their jobs, the overall health of the population declines. That's definitely been the case in our ICU - the last 3 months we have been busy, and the patients are even sicker than usual. Lately "a good day" means that I am out of the hospital by midnight!

This is my excuse for not blogging very often of late, and totally falling behind on reading other blogs. (I guess it's technically a "doctor's note", isn't it? Maybe I can get a note excusing me from going to work from Epstein's Mother)

But I press on with my plans to finish a small fraction of some of my embarassingly large selection of many UFO's.

I now no longer fear the I-cord bindoff:
dorsum

I really like the look of the "coiled cuff", and will probably incorporate it into future projects - looks much nicer than ribbing, although it is more bulky.

palm

I still have the second Hand Hoodie to finish, and then it's time to pick up the Yummy Fable Gloves again. When I can find the time, that is...

Labels:

Comments on "Time flies when you work too much..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Feb 18, 09:46:00 AM EST) : 

Hey man, I think I created my Feb2009 folder on Feb 16th, so I am totally with you! Where does all the time go?
PS - you're not around on Thursday are you? Thinking of coming in to the big city for a Purl spell.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Feb 18, 07:06:00 PM EST) : 

Now that I'm back to work, I'm such the bad blogger/reader. And I don't even have a good excuse that people are sick and dying!

Cool mittens! I've never seen those before!

 

Blogger Cathy-Cate said ... (Wed Feb 18, 07:19:00 PM EST) : 

I like the coiled cuff too. We all told you that applied I-cord really wasn't too bad! The pencil I took to Madrona (had to have one for a class) happened to be my daughter's that said something about "Fearless". It was a random grab, but seemed appropriate in the end as I was cured of my fear of nupps.

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Sun Feb 22, 08:55:00 AM EST) : 

Interesting about your ICU. I don't think I've ever seen either of our two ICU beds empty for long. Maybe a few hours. We stay full because a lot of patients do not have regular health insurance so the VA benefits are all they have.

 

post a comment