ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 09, 2009

Bright Shiny Things

One project is never enough.
Yummy Fable
I have to wonder - do painters start planning their next work before they are halfway through a painting? Do songwriters end up humming completely new melodies as they are sorting out an arrangement?


cuff
I have worn the same pair of black leather gloves almost every non-warm day this winter and last - never change them.


cuff closeup
But before I am even finished the first cuff on this pair of gloves, I'm already starting to debate what contrast colour would work when I knit the next pair with the green Yummy yarn that I bought at The Naked Sheep .

Pattern: Handpainted Gloves by Karendipity designs. You have to love a pattern that includes the following instructions: "At this point, put down your knitting and go into the kitchen. Eat an entire bar of chocolate"

Labels:

Comments on "Bright Shiny Things"

 

Blogger Yarn Devil said ... (Fri Jan 09, 06:23:00 PM EST) : 

LOL too funny, I would think at some point they would have to sing a different tune in the middle of what they are doing.... I love the look of your pattern and you must be enjoying it to be debating the contrast colours of the next already!!!! And yes, who would not love a pattern that includes instruction to go eat a bar of chocolate!!!!

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Fri Jan 09, 08:17:00 PM EST) : 

I'm supposed to have a bar of chocolate in the kitchen? Drat no wonder my knitting always suffers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Jan 09, 08:52:00 PM EST) : 

Ooooh, I love them. I have like ten pairs of gloves in various weights, but I could certainly use these!

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Fri Jan 09, 10:07:00 PM EST) : 

Really beautiful. Really, really beautiful.
I have much admiration for your ability to not lose your gloves. I've had a rash of glove losing lately. I may embed a homing device in the pair I'm working on.

 

Blogger Jolynn said ... (Sat Jan 10, 01:16:00 AM EST) : 

I love these colors together! FibraNatura Yummy is one of my favorite sock weight yarns.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sat Jan 10, 08:09:00 AM EST) : 

Honestly (and I am taking your artist question seriously), I think they must start planning the next one before the first one is done. I've been like that with almost every craft I have picked up.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sat Jan 10, 12:52:00 PM EST) : 

Ha ha! Thank goodness it's not a sweater pattern right? By the time you'd finish you'd have knit a size too small if you followed all the chocolate instructions!

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Sat Jan 10, 01:22:00 PM EST) : 

And here I had hoped to get through life without knitting a pair of gloves. But then I thought that about socks, too, back in the day. Lovely yarns, lovelier WIP, and onto the queue at Ravelry it goes! [Thank you, I think?]

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Jan 10, 08:37:00 PM EST) : 

Wait, not everybody loses one pair or more a season? So far, I have lost 4 pairs of black cashmere gloves, one pair of leopard spot gloves, and another pair I can't remember. Maybe knitting them yourself makes them stick. Hmmm...

 

post a comment