ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 04, 2009

You say Stasher like it's a bad thing...

You know how every so often you come across some obscure piece of information that you find fascinating for entirely inexplicable reasons? This weekend I was reading some information from our provincial Poison Control Centre - it was regarding the appropriate treatment of overdoses. There was a phrase that made me laugh:
"Whole bowel irrigation is appropriate for the management of drug stashers, but not drug stuffers"
I freely admit that part of the humour was probably derived from the fact that it was around 3 AM, and I was starting to get a bit punchy. Since I'm not hip to cool toxicology lingo, I had to do an internet search to find the following information:
Stashers are people who pack their GI tract with bags of heroin in order to smuggle the illegal drug from one country to another. In these persons, the drugs are carefully packaged for safe passage. Stuffers on the other hand, are people who ingest all the drugs in their possession in order to conceal the evidence from the police. Because these packages are typically not designed for safe GI transport, they easily rupture and frequently cause poisoning.

Tee hee. Stashers.
Oh man, I really have to get some sleep...

Labels:

Comments on "You say Stasher like it's a bad thing..."

 

Blogger Not An Artist said ... (Mon Jan 05, 02:56:00 AM EST) : 

I cannot stop laughing about this one... stashers vs. stuffers huh?

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Jan 05, 09:17:00 AM EST) : 

Ewwww...and ironically a bit of fiber will help clear out the GI tract.

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Mon Jan 05, 02:10:00 PM EST) : 

Serious LOLs here... I couldn't stop laughing either!

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Tue Jan 06, 12:56:00 AM EST) : 

What does it mean when you stuff your stash?

 

Blogger betseydoodle said ... (Tue Jan 06, 07:40:00 AM EST) : 

OMG Bezzie that made it even funnier!

 

post a comment