ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Feel the Glove

I have finished the cuff on the first of the Yummy Fable Gloves.

Cuff 1
I'm loving the mix of alpaca yarn and wool yarn - the outer surface of the gloves feels almost silky. So far, the inside doesn't have the same effect - it may be tempting to wear them outside in.

Cuff 1 detail
The alpaca yarn is pretty fuzzy, but that's toned down nicely by the smooth sock yarn. I had expected the Yummy to be more of a sportweight yarn - the yardage is less than I'm used to for fingering weight. But it knits up like fingering. Maybe they use particularly heavy dyes.
cuff 1 close 1
It's interesting to see what happens in terms of pooling with this pattern - I don't have a clue what a sock knit with this yarn alone would look like. I am definitely feeling the stranded love - although I do have to concentrate when reading the charts, because she uses dark squares for the MC, which in my case is the lighter yarn. Our Xray imaging software has a function that allows you to reverse black and white on an image - too bad I can't do it on a PDF.
(I realize that it may be technically possible to do it, but I have no idea how to do it - I treat my computer like my brain and generally use only 2% of it's actual capacity at any given time)


Comments on "Feel the Glove"

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Mon Jan 12, 06:21:00 AM EST) : 

Truly yummy. What happy colors!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jan 12, 08:18:00 AM EST) : 

It really is a great looking colour combo! My 'yummy' socks seem to be doing a more mottled pooling, so something in the dye process seems to be combatting huge swooshes.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Wed Jan 14, 09:14:00 PM EST) : 

If you ever figure out how to use the x-ray software on knitting charts, you will have officially won the Knerdiest Knitter award.

Great color combo, and I really like the pooling. I've seen stranded patterns that have you put in the occasional darker/different color for added interest, and the pooling has the same kind of effect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jan 22, 12:27:00 PM EST) : 

Lovely work!

 

post a comment