ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 27, 2008

There's someone for everyone...

I finished both the Cow-IL and the Softie Cowl in time to give them to their respective recipients (and I'm pretty sure they were only a wee bit damp - luckily tissue paper breathes).
I didn't take a photo of the Cow-IL (imagine a square of pale blue stockinette with a few rows of garter stitch at the top and bottom), but here's the Softie Cowl:
diagonal cowl
alpaca bamboo closeup
The pattern would definitely be a good choice for a luxury yarn - I had 4 metres left of the 100m skein. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the second skein. I might use them as the lining for a pair of Fiddlehead Mittens.
Because I don't have nearly enough projects on the go.

Actually, on December 24th, I decided that it was high time to add yet another new project - one for me. I'm calling it The Mixed Marriage Kerchief. Pattern here.
Striped Silk Garden Kerchief start
The bride is Midori - exotic, capricious, and trendy. Her tastes are expensive, and you never know what she's going to do next.
The groom is Gunter - steadfast, kindhearted, with a quiet sense of humor. Predictable, but not without personality. He's a big teddy bear.
Like all good couples, together they are more than the sum of their parts.
Striped Silk Garden Kerchief Close
I've realized that I prefer to wear a triangular shawl rather than a scarf, because with a scarf, I always end up having a little patch of exposed neck just below the knot - I can temporarily cover it up with the scarf ends, but invariably, they shift during wearing. I've been wearing my Tri Tri Again Toscana a fair amount - I just put the point in front, wrap the rest around my neck and tie the knot under the body of the shawl. Wow - what an incredibly awkward way to describe a simple action. I have newfound respect for people who write instruction manual copy. GOOD instruction manuals that is. My favourite instruction manual quote comes from my Vehicle Owner's Manual: "Dynamic Stability Control prevents the driving wheels from losing traction when you pull away from rest or accelerate. The laws of physics cannot be repealed, even with DSC. An appropriate driving style always remains the responsibility of the driver." Bwa Ha Ha - love that German humour!

Labels: ,

Comments on "There's someone for everyone..."

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Sat Dec 27, 07:31:00 PM EST) : 

predictable and exoctic now there's a marriage made in heaven. LOL

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Dec 27, 09:34:00 PM EST) : 

There are people who believe that being an experienced driver gives them not only perfect reflexes, but an uncanny ability to circumvent the laws of physics. It's a macho thing.

The shawl is wonderful already! I love it when the union of two yarns is a happy one.

 

Blogger Brendaknits said ... (Wed Dec 31, 08:49:00 AM EST) : 

Congratulations to the bride and groom. May they have a long and happy life. Triangles rule!

 

post a comment