ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tanning with a Purpose*

I always take the subway to my Wednesday knitting Meetup. I only had one token left, so on my way into the subway, I stopped to purchase more tokens at the machine. I usually buy 8 at a time - it comes to $18, so if you put in a 20 dollar bill, you get 8 tokens and $2 change.

Today, the machine sounded like a jackpot - the coins kept on coming. The only thing missing was the bright lights and ringing bells. At first I thought that the machine had malfunctioned and given me way more change than it was supposed to. Then, when I started digging the coins out of the slot, I realized that they were all nickels. Two dollar's worth of nickels.

I cannot believe that a TTC token vending machine punked me.

*************************************************

As of tomorrow, Somerset is no longer radioactive.

To celebrate, we put a month's worth of used kitty litter into our green bin. Special treat for the collection crew!

*The title has nothing to do with the post. It was a line from a newspaper ad that caught my eye as I glanced at it on the subway. Turned out that I had misread it - it actually read "Training with a Purpose". I like my version better.




Labels: ,

Comments on "Tanning with a Purpose*"

 

Blogger Jolynn said ... (Thu Dec 18, 01:01:00 AM EST) : 

Nice. You must have had a heavy purse!

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Thu Dec 18, 05:54:00 AM EST) : 

Glad Somerset wont be glowing anymore.

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Thu Dec 18, 07:35:00 AM EST) : 

Punked by nickles, lol.

The kitties are sweet

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Dec 18, 07:47:00 AM EST) : 

Well if you ever get mugged on the subway, just stick the nickles in a sock and you're good to defend yourself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Dec 18, 08:54:00 AM EST) : 

I saw the picture first and thought you were buying tokens using your change jar! I say put all the nickels right back into the machine the next time you need tokens.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Thu Dec 18, 09:16:00 AM EST) : 

Yay Somerset! Now all of you can have an extra good Christmas.

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Fri Dec 19, 05:04:00 PM EST) : 

Yay for Somerset!

Boo for the TTC!

 

post a comment