ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Green is the new Catholic

Is it just me, or do other people experience guilt over not recycling/composting?

It pains me to throw recyclables in the garbage, and causes me angst if I see something recyclable sitting in a garbage can - sometimes it is very tempting to take it out and put it into the appropriate collection bin. I'm starting to fear that I am on the road to Crazy-lady-that-rifles-through-garbage-bins-ville.

**********************************
I ended up christening my Mom's Cowl The Fuzzy Navy Abby - it looks black on the white background, but it is indeed navy:
Fuzzy Navy Abby in progress

It knit up quite quickly:
Fuzzy Navy Abby - complete!

After 6 pattern repeats, it was 12 inches long. Since my Mom will wear it around her neck rather than as a headcover, it's plenty long enough.
Fuzzy Navy Abby - trying on

Now I'm onto a pair of sportweight socks for my dad:
Toes for Dad

They also look black against a white background, but are in fact a dark blue/teal colour. I'm not very hopeful that I'll have them finished by next weekend when we go to visit my family, but if I can at least get to the heel, he can try them on to make certain they fit well.

Labels:

Comments on "Green is the new Catholic"

 

Blogger Tammy said ... (Sun Dec 07, 09:42:00 PM EST) : 

Are the socks toe up? I've only done one as a test knit, but just started a pair for my son. He has size 13 feet!! I figured toe up the best route. SO, to get to my REAL question, what kind of heel do you use? :)

 

Blogger Yarnsnob said ... (Mon Dec 08, 12:47:00 AM EST) : 

In Chicago we used to have a blue bag recycle program which was famous for not working. You were supposed to buy these blue trash bags to put your recyclables in but the trash guys never separated them properly and they still ended up in the landfills. Now the city has separate large blue trash bins which are working great, but they don't have them in all of the neighborhood alleys yet including mine. I naively still buy those blue bags because of the immense guilt my used cans of Diet Dr. Pepper cause me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Dec 08, 03:00:00 AM EST) : 

Love the cowl - it's beautiful!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Dec 08, 07:14:00 AM EST) : 

Hee hee, and you can buy carbon offsets--such a Catholic thing!!

Nice cowl!

 

Blogger deirdre said ... (Mon Dec 08, 10:14:00 AM EST) : 

Your title made me laugh out loud, because, as a lapsed Catholic who also suffers from woman guilt to boot, I was mulling over the same thing last night as my kids and I put out our recyclables...

 

Blogger Tammy said ... (Tue Dec 09, 10:15:00 AM EST) : 

Thanks for the heel idea. I actually know Chrissy, she lives in the area. And I have at least two of her patterns, so I will see if she has that heel in them. :)

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Tue Dec 09, 11:15:00 AM EST) : 

You aren't the only one as far as recycling goes. I'm a recycling nut - everyone teases me about it. My biggest recycling reclamation led to our latest cat!

The cowl is lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Dec 11, 12:07:00 PM EST) : 

How convenient that you have a white background so easily accessible!

I too get the recycling guilt. It seems like it should be normal everywhere by now, and yet it still isn't.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sat Dec 13, 01:56:00 AM EST) : 

Very nice cowl. What is the stitch pattern?

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Dec 14, 05:56:00 PM EST) : 

Oooooh, kitty!

Ahem. Yes, I'm OK, why are you asking? Anyway, fabulous cowl. The color is beautiful, and the yarn shows off the pattern very well.

Now I'm going to put all of my recyclables in the recycling bin... you're not the only one with recycling guilt.

 

post a comment