ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 17, 2008

Home Alone

The Gambler is in Las Vegas. Somerset is at the Vet Hospital radiating.
This was the sight that greeted me after the first day Greedo spent all alone:
I was worried that you'd never come back.
He's been moping around all week; turns out that he really misses Somerset. He's even eating a bit less than usual. This weekend I was on call in the ICU, and both Friday and Saturday I didn't get home until 11 PM - I felt so bad about him being alone for 15 hours that I slept downstairs on the couch with him both nights.
But The Gambler comes home tomorrow, and Somerset should be home on Wednesday.
*******************
Last week I did a bit of catchup blog reading. I saw several posts about cooking or baking.
Now that I work full time and The Gambler doesn't, he does most of the cooking. I still do some meal prep, but it's often more assembly than cooking per se.
Last Thursday I got home from a conference and realized that I needed to get meals ready to take with me to work. And the fridge was pretty bare. So I put together something I thought I would share with my readers:
This is an order of Pad Thai (from my friendly neighborhood Thai restaurant) combined with a bag o' spinach and some veggie ground beef substitute. The orange stuff is shaved carrot. Heat it up in a skillet for 10 minutes, and you've got enough food for 4 meals.
I took this along to work to spice it up. When I ate it at home, I chopped up a tomato and mixed it in. If we had frozen broccoli or cauliflower I would have added that too. It's no culinary feat, but it's tasty, and far more nutritious than straight take-out.

Labels:

Comments on "Home Alone"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Nov 17, 08:10:00 PM EST) : 

Mm....pad thai!! We made it from scratch once. I need to have hubby dig up that recipe again!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Nov 17, 09:47:00 PM EST) : 

He looks so sad :(
But that dinner looks GREAT!

 

Blogger betseydoodle said ... (Mon Nov 17, 09:50:00 PM EST) : 

mmmm - tuna satay! I'll have to check out the tinned-tuna shelf next time I'm at the grocery store...

pauvre greedo....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Nov 17, 10:46:00 PM EST) : 

Awww, poor Greedo misses his peeps. Hi Greedo! I'll make you cupcakes.

Pad thai is the best.

 

Blogger deirdre said ... (Tue Nov 18, 08:00:00 AM EST) : 

Well, the pad thai looks wonderful, but your poor little kitty... I'd be sleeping on the couch, too...

 

post a comment