ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Not George

Since I plan to knit the second Deviation from Standard Handwarmer with the yarns reversed in dominance, I decided to flip the order of the yarns in the corrugated ribbing - knitting with the background yarn and purling with the contrast yarns.

Here's the result:



I hate to say it, but this ribbing is no George. Ruprecht might be more like it.

Even though I had expected the two handwarmers to be different, I had to frog this.
I don't think I could take the sibling rivalry: "Mom always liked you best!" "Can you blame her?"

I know, I know, other than the spots when I accidentally knit with the contrast instead of the background, that ribbing looks perfectly fine, and has it's own subtle charm. I am a shallow knitter, dazzled by a column of stitches. Do you love all your handknits equally? Let those without sin cast off the first row the first stone.

Labels:

Comments on "Not George"

 

Blogger CathyCate said ... (Mon Apr 07, 12:02:00 AM EDT) : 

Totally with you there; very Un-George!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Apr 07, 07:05:00 AM EDT) : 

Sometimes a knitter's gotta do what a knitter's gotta do.

 

Blogger Brigitte said ... (Mon Apr 07, 09:17:00 AM EDT) : 

Love my handknits equally?! Um, no. And I'm not afraid to admit it!

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Mon Apr 07, 09:44:00 AM EDT) : 

Do you love all your handknits equally? Let those without sin cast off the first row the first stone.

LOL love it.

And I take the 5th

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Apr 07, 04:55:00 PM EDT) : 

Yeah, sometimes it's okay to play favorites. It is interesting to see it this way though. Very different.

 

post a comment