ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Done...sort of

I cast off the Lines in The Sand Sweater tonight:

finished version 1

I don't think this is going to be the final version. The bind off I used is too tight - I might just do a sewn cast off, or try again with a larger needle. The seed stitch borders at the bottom and the cuffs should have been knit with smaller needles - I may cut them off and re-knit from the bottom. It also feels a bit tight across the shoulders - maybe due to the bind off? I'll reassess them post blocking.

But otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with my first "real" sweater.

Labels:

Comments on "Done...sort of"

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (Wed Mar 26, 10:58:00 PM EDT) : 

Despite the mods you need to make to the sweater, it looks fantastic. I think you really did the right thing striping the Silk Garden every 2 rows like that. Even though the sleeves aren't the same, the whole thing is cohesive and very cute! Bravo.

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Wed Mar 26, 11:14:00 PM EDT) : 

It fits you like a glove! Well done! Other than the bind off, I think you'll be happy with it post-blocking. Wait and see.

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (Wed Mar 26, 11:15:00 PM EDT) : 

I think it looks gorgeous! Really, really flattering!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Wed Mar 26, 11:16:00 PM EDT) : 

I agree, very flattering! Hoping the rebindoff helps it be more comfy for you! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Mar 27, 12:12:00 AM EDT) : 

It looks awesome from over here! Great fit and cool look with the striping. I'm sure you're right about the bind-off -- you're there, we're not, but that's fairly easily fixed.

Woo-hoo!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Thu Mar 27, 06:30:00 AM EDT) : 

And I love it!

 

Blogger Meghan said ... (Thu Mar 27, 06:45:00 AM EDT) : 

That looks wonderful!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Mar 27, 07:19:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh wow! I dig it!

 

Blogger Glenna C said ... (Thu Mar 27, 07:22:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow! It's so gorgeous! I waaaannnnnt one... ;)

 

Blogger Vaedri said ... (Thu Mar 27, 07:23:00 AM EDT) : 

So pretty!

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Thu Mar 27, 08:26:00 AM EDT) : 

I liked your sweater so much I sent a friend over to see it. She at least knits sweaters, I am still afraid to try.

 

Blogger Karen said ... (Thu Mar 27, 08:45:00 AM EDT) : 

It's gorgeous! And it's very flattering!

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Thu Mar 27, 09:29:00 AM EDT) : 

I think it looks great! Congratulations, I think you can consider yourself a sweater knitter now ...

 

Blogger Ev said ... (Thu Mar 27, 09:51:00 AM EDT) : 

Blocking works wonders. The same thing happened with John's sweater but after blocking, it fit just right! It looks fantastic, Lisa! Well done!

 

Blogger Lorena said ... (Thu Mar 27, 10:14:00 AM EDT) : 

That looks fantastic!

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Thu Mar 27, 11:04:00 AM EDT) : 

I like the sweater! And I wouldn't change the sleeves, if it were me. but I like a slightly bell-shaped sleeve.

 

Blogger Oh Baby! said ... (Thu Mar 27, 11:10:00 AM EDT) : 

looks freakin awesome! and you are rockin it!

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Thu Mar 27, 12:30:00 PM EDT) : 

That is so beautiful, you did such a great job with this sweater! Congratulations! :)

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Thu Mar 27, 02:03:00 PM EDT) : 

It looks fabulous on you. I can't believe that's your first sweater!

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Thu Mar 27, 03:28:00 PM EDT) : 

I think it looks wonderful - and once you make the modifications so it suits your fancy, it will be a sweater you can wear for years to come. Great job!

 

Blogger Dreams of Yarn said ... (Thu Mar 27, 04:37:00 PM EDT) : 

I really love how this turned out, if you aren't happy with the bind off, do what it takes to make this a regular rotation sweater for you, its very flattering!

Try to wear it to next SnB so we can ohh and ahh over it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Mar 27, 07:33:00 PM EDT) : 

Looks amazing! I love it!

 

Blogger Jadielady said ... (Thu Mar 27, 09:40:00 PM EDT) : 

That's so pretty!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Mar 28, 04:04:00 AM EDT) : 

I looks great on you - a perfect fit! Larger needles will definitely help create a looser bind-off.

 

Blogger Ruth's Place said ... (Fri Mar 28, 04:18:00 AM EDT) : 

It looks fabulous, very flattering.

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Fri Mar 28, 07:45:00 AM EDT) : 

I think it looks quite good on you.

 

Blogger Geri said ... (Fri Mar 28, 10:46:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow! That looks amazing! It looks fantastic on you.

 

Blogger Chrissy said ... (Fri Mar 28, 09:43:00 PM EDT) : 

It looks fabulous on you! Perfect fit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Mar 29, 03:11:00 PM EDT) : 

AS everyone else as said, it fits you perfectly. I love the stripes. Nice work.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Apr 03, 04:46:00 PM EDT) : 

I'm way behind in my blog reading, so I just got to this post. Your sweater turned out freakin' awesome! I liked it before, but I love it now seeing it on you. Brava!

 

Blogger katerina said ... (Sat Apr 05, 11:13:00 AM EDT) : 

You're sweater look fabulous - and I really think its fits great! Of course I can't say anything about how the fit feels, but I applaud you for making it right. I know I wouldn't have the patience to go back I'd just be so happy to get it done! (Some day I'll knit an adult sweater!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Apr 08, 01:35:00 AM EDT) : 

Love the stripes, your sweater turned out great!!

 

post a comment