ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 07, 2008

Deviation the First

I actually finished knitting this handwarmer last Thursday - being on call always means that things like FOtography gets postponed.
Which reminds me, I really need to get The Gambler to take a photo of me in my new sweater; part of the problem is that we often go a few days without both of us being home and awake at the same time. I get up early while he is still sleeping, and he spends a few evenings per week at his fencing club and gets home after I have fallen asleep. Which leads to some weird conversations like: "Hey, when did you shave off your beard?" "Three days ago."

handwarmer 1
Ends need to be woven in, and I have to blanket stitch the top to keep it from rolling. handwarmer 1 close
There are many wonky stitches, so I am going to try blocking it.

I'm working on Deviation the Second right now - this time I'm holding the background yarn in my left hand. There are a few rows knit with only the background colour, and it seemed very weird to be doing nothing with my right hand except move the needle. One of these days I have to learn how to purl continentally.

Labels:

Comments on "Deviation the First"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Apr 08, 07:25:00 AM EDT) : 

I like how the yarn knit up on both the body of the warmer and the thumb gusset. Can't wait to see the pair!

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Tue Apr 08, 08:45:00 AM EDT) : 

Ooh, I like that yarn! I really like the single red stripe on the cuff.

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Tue Apr 08, 09:49:00 AM EDT) : 

I love how you explain things... this word is definitely a keeper "FOtography" as are those hand warmers. I love them.

 

post a comment