ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 06, 2008

On Battery Death and Dying*

Lately I have noticed that my laptop keeps running the battery down more quickly than I would expect.
I made certain to leave it plugged in overnight so that the batteries would be fully charged. This morning, I unplugged the power cable and opened the power meter:
Woah - how much time from an almost fully charged battery?
This can't be true!


Stupid D*ll !!


Maybe if I take the battery out and put it back in again it will work...


This is so depressing, I think I'll just give up on blogging/surfing/email.


Oh heck, I'll just schelp around with the power cord.




*This post brought to you by the letter D.

With apologies to E. Kubler-Ross

Labels:

Comments on "On Battery Death and Dying*"

 

Blogger Geri said ... (Thu Mar 06, 01:09:00 PM EST) : 

A new battery should solve your problem. They're not too expensive, I don't think. I got mine on eBay.

 

Blogger Holly said ... (Thu Mar 06, 04:45:00 PM EST) : 

there is this theory out there called "battery memory." According to the theory, a partially empty battery doesn't recharge as well as a completely empty one, and it goes slower and slower and slower.

If running the battery down completely before recharging a couple of times doesn't do the trick - then a new battery is in order.

(and running it down and recharging is cheaper than a new battery). FWIW - I have had to get replacement batteries after a year or so for just about every laptop we have owned.

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Fri Mar 07, 07:49:00 AM EST) : 

So this is what I have to look forward to if I ever get a lap top huh? Hmmm sounds frustrating. I am online a lot!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Fri Mar 07, 08:47:00 AM EST) : 

I agree with Holly, give that a try and if you have to buy a new battery it is a lot cheaper than a new laptop:)
Good luck and I hope your computer starts behaving soon!
Happy Friday
SP

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Fri Mar 07, 02:47:00 PM EST) : 

I suppose it might be time for a new battery. How old is the computer? I had a pda that was doing that with the power too and soon after the connector to the desktop stopped working too. Just wore out I guess.

 

Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said ... (Fri Mar 07, 08:22:00 PM EST) : 

I have to leave my laptop plugged in most of the time, but it's still more mobile than a desktop. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Mar 07, 09:41:00 PM EST) : 

Holly's right - I learnt the hard way! :)

 

post a comment