ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Knitting content!

The sleeves of my Lines in The Sand sweater are heartily kicking my ass right now.
Look at them sitting there looking all cute: See our stripy goodness! Revel in the Randomly Proportioned Colour Distribution that is Noro! It's so easy to try us on for size!

But in reality, they hide a dirty little secret...

2 sleeves x 2 alternating skeins/sleeve = macrame.

So my coping strategy was to cast on for a new project - a hat. Because right now I don't have a handknit hat to wear. I toyed with knitting Le Slouch, but it's not a style I am crazy about - reminds me too much of the hairnets I wore years ago when I working in a hospital kitchen. Plus, I am all about covering up my ears with my headgear (kind of like my obsession with mittens/gloves that cover my fingertips), and IMO Le Slouch often looks best worn relatively far back on the head (which provides minimal ear coverage).


This is the Kim Cloche. The yarns (Malabrigo and Katia Mexico) used to be this:

year's last fo

But it was a bit too small, and made my forehead itch.

The brim is folded over, so I will probably knit a lining for the crown so that the whole hat is double thickness - for added warmth. Since this is Canada, and winter isn't anywhere near over.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Knitting content!"

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Wed Feb 13, 09:56:00 AM EST) : 

I'm sorry it made your forehead itch - but the colour is very becoming on you.

 

Blogger katerina said ... (Wed Feb 13, 12:52:00 PM EST) : 

The sleeves are looking great! I understand you need to cast on something new and warm :)

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Wed Feb 13, 02:05:00 PM EST) : 

The hat does look cute on you! As does that sweet little kitty you're holding.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Wed Feb 13, 02:56:00 PM EST) : 

I like the sleeves!

I also think the hat will be lovely, I like those styles of hats.

That is a great picture with the kitty - why do they hide their eyes like that??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Feb 13, 05:14:00 PM EST) : 

I wouldn't want fingerless gloves either. But I did recently find something that made me yearn for that favorite from a few years ago, 'Pop Up Paws': short fingered gloves with a hood to cover them, making them into mittens.

I went showshoeing last week for the first time ever. Every time I wanted to adjust a binding, or zip/unzip a jacket, or put on chap-stik, or take a picture, or brush my hair out of my eyes, or anything else that required dexterity, I had to stop, let go of my ski pole, take off my glove, do whatever, then reverse the process. I started thinking how great it would be if I could just flip back the top of a mitt and do it.
Now I can't find where to buy the pattern.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Wed Feb 13, 05:56:00 PM EST) : 

Your hat is very pretty on you, that is a lovely color!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Feb 13, 09:54:00 PM EST) : 

Eeee...that macrame is what deters me from ever learning anything on two circs. It makes me twitchy just to look at!

I like the idea of double thicking the hat. YOu can stay warm and look good in that green.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Wed Feb 13, 11:10:00 PM EST) : 

Love that hat colorway, hoping the lining makes it easier to wear for you! As for the sleeves, you are more daring than me..so far only socks, 2 at a time. Yes, sometimes it can be a pain.

 

Blogger Brigitte said ... (Thu Feb 14, 07:23:00 AM EST) : 

Oh, you got that right. NOWHERE near over!!!

Very cute hat, and I love the colour - it's nice and cheery for winter.

 

post a comment