ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Family Day

Today is Family Day - a new provincial holiday which is not without problems. (Manitoba called their new holiday Louis Riel Day, which I think is awesome, because he truly was The Father of Manitoba. Plus it doesn't sound like some kind of pseudoholiday thought up by Hallmark - i.e Grandparent's Day - for the purposes of increasing greeting card sales. One more reason I am proud to be from Manitoba) I worked today, but only had to spend a short time at the hospital because it's not a normal working day.

Moriah tagged me a few weeks ago for the "7 random things about me" meme. In honor of Family Day, I am altering it to "7 random things about my cats", because they (together with The Gambler) ARE my family.

7 Random things about Greedo and Somerset:

1) Somerset intersperses her naps throughout the day. Greedo settles into one spot and will snooze for 6-8 hours straight. Sometimes we have to check that he's still breathing.


2) Somerset loves to play with yarn (skeins, working, and cast on tails) and circular needles. Greedo doesn't give my knitting a second look, but he will sit on my lap and start kneading my stomach when I am knitting. He'll position himself so that my knitting is behind him and I end up reaching around him to knit.


3) Somerset loves to drink water out of glasses.


Lately she's taken to checking out any glasses that are sitting on the coffee table.


4) When it is feeding time, Greedo will meow at us incessantly, even if there is still some leftover food in the dish. Seriously - he'll hear us get up in the morning and he'll run down to finish off the leftovers. And then act as if he's about to die of starvation. Every so often, I'll feed them breakfast when I get up early, and when The Gambler gets up a few hours later, Greedo will try to convince him that they haven't been fed yet.

5) Somerset doesn't get high off of catnip. Greedo does. We have a catnip toy that is at least 7 years old that he still goes crazy over.


6) Somerset loves to lie amongst shoes.


7) Greedo loves to lie in the exact spot that Somerset is located.


Often this involves him actually laying on top of her.


But it sometime makes for a great photo.
...speaking of photo shoots - neither The Gambler nor I will be seen on TV; just the house. I wasn't even home for most of the time that the camera crew was here (I went cross country skiing on Saturday, and then popped into the hospital to check on a few patients). I don't know if Greedo or Somerset made it into any of the shots. Those of you who are in the GTA - the show is going to be on Rogers Cable 10.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Happy Family Day"

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (Mon Feb 18, 05:13:00 PM EST) : 

Too bad for me, then. I don't get that because we have ExpressVu. Did you know that Rogers Cable 10 is the channel Aurora Cable 10 (from Wayne's World) was based on? Party on.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Mon Feb 18, 06:20:00 PM EST) : 

What a funny post! Your cats are so sweet-looking. It always surprises me when people say that all cats are the same, they don't have their own personalities ...

 

Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said ... (Mon Feb 18, 09:20:00 PM EST) : 

they are so cute!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Tue Feb 19, 07:50:00 AM EST) : 

Oh, I love that last heart-shaped kitty snuggle.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Tue Feb 19, 11:33:00 AM EST) : 

I think it is a safe assumption that you have 2 of the cutest cats :)
I love your pictures when they are "snuggling". Sounds like a pretty lovely family you have there SP.

 

Blogger Glenna C said ... (Tue Feb 19, 01:19:00 PM EST) : 

I love hearing about your cats! They clearly have very distinctive personalities.

 

post a comment