ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Beating the winter blahs

My knittyboard secret pal sent me a great package a few weeks ago - I already showed the yummy yarn, but there were many more goodies in the box:Dark chocolate with a kick!

Notecards in tropical hues!
A sheep scrubby!
Some sweet smelling soap!

And a handy carrying case!! Of late, my purse has taken on black hole like properties, so this is being used to store all the items that usually settle on the bottom - like pens and keys.


Thanks Somerdaze!!


A few months ago, I bemoaned the difficulty in finding a suitable place for my ballwinder and swift. I realized that the solution was sitting right in front of me:
This chair has the added bonus of being unsteady enough that the cats won't jump on it when I am winding yarn.


This weekend I wound this funky yarn (dyed by the woman behind Knitwerx.com, which sadly seems to have gone offline)




Aren't the colours great? And look at the nice short colour intervals (is there a more technical / elegant term for the distance between colour changes?)



I think that this yarn is crying out to be knit into Monkey Socks - the perfect antidote for the grey and brown colour scheme that is also known as the month of March. I'm on call for the ICU right through February 29th, so once I wake up/get home from the hospital on March 1, I'm casting on!

Labels:

Comments on "Beating the winter blahs"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Feb 23, 10:14:00 PM EST) : 

I found that knitting was a useful adjunct to cardiac ICU call. Two rounds on a baby sweater was the appropriate amount of time to wait before evaluating the effect of a medication change.

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (Sat Feb 23, 11:06:00 PM EST) : 

I'm intrigued by that chocolate! A friend of mine recently made chocolate-cayenne cupcakes. I wish I could have tried them but it's a long walk to Jersey.

 

Blogger Bezdecny Family said ... (Sun Feb 24, 09:29:00 AM EST) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Feb 24, 09:30:00 AM EST) : 

Cute scrubbie!

I think "intervals" is correct terminology. Monkeys would be very cool from that.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Sun Feb 24, 10:00:00 AM EST) : 

I have heard people say "short colour runs" before! The yarn is beautiful and certainly kicks the winter blues ass!

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Sun Feb 24, 06:09:00 PM EST) : 

Your secret pal rocks. Think if we were in the same room I'd have to steal that chocolate from you. How brilliant to put hot chili peppers in it.

Love the scrubbie.

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Sun Feb 24, 08:15:00 PM EST) : 

Wow chocolate with chili peppers my son would love this. I wonder if there is a website for the company as I have never seen this before.

I love that yarn color, and I love the sheep scrubber too, what a neat find.

 

Blogger katerina said ... (Sun Feb 24, 11:59:00 PM EST) : 

ohh pretty! A friend used some colorful yarn to knit up the Beatrix socks, and they turned out super cute - she called them the fruit-loop socks!
Whenever I see beautiful colorful yarn, I always think of that pattern and those socks!
Love the yarn. - tell us how the chocolate is!!

(Here's a preview: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Bonzaiknitz/beatrix)
or here: (scroll down a bit)
http://phunkyknitter.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Feb 25, 11:09:00 AM EST) : 

Love that yarn - I've been wanting to make the monkey socks myself. And the chocolate? Mmm.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Mon Feb 25, 03:49:00 PM EST) : 

I am so glad you liked it all! A new package was placed in the mail (USPS I promise!) today and should be at your door soon :)
that Knitwerx yarn is gorgous, thanks for sharing.

 

Blogger Geri said ... (Thu Feb 28, 01:40:00 AM EST) : 

Wow! What a great idea for your yarn winder and swift! That yarn is wild and I LOVE the sheep scrubby. Lucky girl!!! That snow looks nasty though.

 

post a comment