ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 17, 2008

But not a real Green Cloche; that's cruel*

My Green Cloche is working out nicely. Earlier on, I had a nagging feeling that the FO would look like crap given that I had made it bigger, and used 2 different yarns, but it appears that my fears were unfounded.
front
As you can see, it conceals bedhead...
side
That lump at the back of my head isn't part of the design - it's the partially knit lining rolling down. I remember Grumperina blogged about knitting a lining for a hat some time ago; at the time, I didn't read the post closely, and thought that you had to sew the lining in, which seemed quite complex/finicky to me.

Recently, Turtlegirl knit a liner for a hat, and I realized that it was actually knit as a part of the hat. Then one of the people who had already knit a Kim Cloche on Ravelry described how she incorporated a liner into the crown of her cloche, so I decided that I'd give it a try. I must say that the liner is a brilliant innovation.
lining
I had a single skein of Stampato Extra (worsted merino) that I had gotten as part of a gift bag during the last TTC KAL. It's green with bits of pink/orange/blue/red/purple running through it, and is perfect for this purpose. Don't you love it when a project comes together like that?


Speaking of Green - our house is going to be seen on the new TV show A Greener Toronto this spring! The host is married to a longtime friend of The Gambler, and since our house has new appliances which are energy efficient, she asked if they could film some sequences here. The crew was here yesterday for much of the day. The Gambler did an awesome job of getting the place spotless - definitely the cleanest it has been since we moved in! The clips will be running during April.


*Apologies to the Barenaked Ladies

Labels: ,

Comments on "But not a real Green Cloche; that's cruel*"

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Sun Feb 17, 10:19:00 AM EST) : 

ingywingOh it looks so nice, and that is a cool coincidence about the lining fabric.

How neat that your house will be on TV! Sadly, I don't think our house will ever be that green ...

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sun Feb 17, 11:26:00 AM EST) : 

Nice hat! Good way to use up samples too and hide things you don't want anyone to see ;)

Cool about your house being on TV, are you two in it at all?

 

Blogger GURO said ... (Sun Feb 17, 12:33:00 PM EST) : 

Cool cloche! The Colour looks great on you. I wish I could pull off green. It makes my face look orangey, not nice. I knit a hat liner yesterday, using up two tiny leftovers of alpaca, now I'm chugging along on the rest of the hat. Love liners!

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (Sun Feb 17, 01:02:00 PM EST) : 

It looks great! I'll have to check your links to see about hat linings.

Don't forget to let us know when your episode is going to air!

My appliances are just over 14 years old. I bought them when I was pregnant with my son. They still work, although not as great as they did when I bought them...and at the time they were very energy efficient. Now I don't have the cash to replace them, but let's suppose I did. What is more green? To replace your old appliances and throw out the old, or to use them a while longer and delay the processes of salvaging the metal from them? I know most parts of the appliances will get recycled, but I also know the recycling process has its own ecological footprint. Which choice is better for the environment?

I'm not actually asking you, I'm just putting it out there. I don't know the answer!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Feb 17, 02:02:00 PM EST) : 

Oo very nice!!

HOw cool your fridge is going to be on TV!

 

Blogger katerina said ... (Sun Feb 17, 02:29:00 PM EST) : 

I for one, love the BNL reference! (And the hat is lovely as well! Nice job!)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Sun Feb 17, 04:29:00 PM EST) : 

your hat turned out beautiful. I love that color green on you, and the lining is turning out well too, what a great idea. Congrats on a job well done. A little SP gift should be sent out soon to you, I will let you know when I get it in the post.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sun Feb 17, 10:29:00 PM EST) : 

It looks wonderful on you - that shade of green really suits you.

 

Blogger Brigitte said ... (Mon Feb 18, 06:30:00 AM EST) : 

Oh, it looks great! And a great colour as well.

That's so cool about the show! Is it on HGTV, or Rogers?

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Mon Feb 18, 07:21:00 AM EST) : 

LOVE the cloche! It's such a fun color. I need to make myself a hat with a liner. That would solve my itch issue with so many hats that I've made. *sigh*

SO very cool that your house is going to be on TV!

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Mon Feb 18, 11:13:00 AM EST) : 

That looks neat. So, the lining is a second hat knit inside, basically?

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Tue Feb 19, 08:02:00 AM EST) : 

The colors in the cloche are amazing - and the design is very nice!

Congrats on having your house featured on the show!! :)

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Wed Feb 20, 08:34:00 PM EST) : 

I love your cloche! You look wonderful wearing it.

Will we be able to see the show in the states? Prolly not, unless they stream them on the website, huh?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Mar 02, 08:48:00 PM EST) : 

Love your new chapeau! That green may have to be your signature color, Lisa -- it's just so good on you.

 

post a comment