ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 07, 2009

If I could knit during meetings, I'd have a drawer full of sweaters!

Sigh.

Happenings of late have led to many meetings that I must attend - sometimes 2 or 3 a day. There is much need for contingency planning and trouble-shooting right now. And then there's that whole providing patient care schtick; it does tend to cut into my knitting time. Heck - it's cutting into my sleeping time - yesterday was the start of 3 days off, and my afternoon was spent taking a 4 hour nap.

This weekend's project is socks:

Nov 7 tweedmanaire
(I really really need to start taking pictures with my real camera rather than just with my Blackberry)
These are socks for The Gambler that I started knitting while we were on holiday in September - I am calling them Tweedmanaire - the pattern is Luminaire, the yarn is Regia Tweed which Glenna passed on to me. I've just finished the foot of the first sock, and I am halfway through the heel of the second sock. The second sock is that far along because I got to a part of the sock where I had to refer to the pattern, so I slipped the stitches onto waste yarn and resumed work on the first sock to make it more transit knitting appropriate.

Poppy is proceeding at a slow pace - the first sleeve is in a black hole phase where I knit and knit but it doesn't get any longer. (I'm not working on it this weekend because it is sitting at the condo - I brought it with me to Wednesday's SnB, and then stayed at the condo that night so that I could make it to the hospital at the crack of dawn.) I've already found my post-Poppy project: The Diagonal-Front Jacket from Debbie Bliss Home

Of course it's that time of year where I am starting to think about Christmas presents...maybe this year will be a good year to give books!

Labels:

Comments on "If I could knit during meetings, I'd have a drawer full of sweaters!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Nov 08, 09:05:00 AM EST) : 

I've never seen anybody turn down a Chapters gift certificate! ;)

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Nov 08, 02:09:00 PM EST) : 

I've knit through meetings in the past. It all depends on the meeting -- if I'm presenting or taking notes or need to be following slides, I don't knit. Other times, knitting helps me pay attention. Although I can sort of see how it would look bad, knitting during an emergency plan meeting...

 

Blogger MamaMidwife said ... (Tue Dec 29, 10:25:00 PM EST) : 

Ok, so how did you load a picture from your blackberry to blogger? (I'm on the blackberry right now.)

And I like your blog, and knitting, and funny cat pictures. :)

Am I the only knitter without a cat?

 

post a comment