ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Enough with the Commando rodents already!

Remember the MacGyver Mouse? Well, the other day I was leaving for work in the morning, and while I was locking the door, I heard a sound to my left from up above. It was one of those sounds that you notice, but don't think about at all. A few seconds later, out of the corner of my eye I saw something black fall down and hit the ground about 2 feet from where I was standing. I looked down to see what it was, and it was a black squirrel which presumably had dropped down off of the roof.


I of course screamed. Not due to fear of squirrels, just a "something suddenly appears in front of me that is totally unexpected" shock scream. Like when you open a door not realizing that someone is standing in the doorway on the other side.


Luckily it was just after 7 am, so nobody in the neighborhood partook in my blood-curdling utterance. Except for the squirrel. I think I scared the sh;t out of it - because it immediately shot up the brick wall beside the front door and ran across to the other side of the roof.
Somerset is keeping an eye out to see that it doesn't come back:
Anyways, I have to go. This is the second night in a row that I got paged to head back to the hospital just as I got home at 7:30 PM. It's like there's some kind of tracking device on my car. Normally I do 7 days straight on call, and by the 5th day I'm ready for a break, by the 6th day I am really getting sick of the whole thing, and on the 7th day I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYBODY IS PESTERING ME!!!! It's like a really bad case of PMS. I even woke up with a big pimple on my forehead today. Of course, this week started last Saturday at 5 PM, and doesn't end until Monday at 7 AM, so I am getting bitter about any demand request made of me. Me me me. That's all I get. Me me me. I can't breathe...I have chest pain...my patient has no blood pressure...what IS it with people?


I hope she comes home soon...the food dish is empty...

Labels:

Comments on "Enough with the Commando rodents already!"

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sat May 19, 10:01:00 PM EDT) : 

Hoping 7am Monday arrives very fast for you!!

 

Blogger Laritza said ... (Sat May 19, 10:22:00 PM EDT) : 

Even though it seems impossible, they do thank you in a way

 

Blogger Martina said ... (Sun May 20, 12:06:00 AM EDT) : 

Deep breaths !!! Innn and outtt. Hope the rest of your weekend is less stressful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun May 20, 12:44:00 AM EDT) : 

The ER has a bed alarm on my bed in the call room. Every time I lay down, whether it's 10 pm, 1 am, 3:45 am, whatever -- the pager goes off. I KNOW they have it in for me!
Cathy-Cate (hitherandyarn.wordpress.com)

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sun May 20, 07:55:00 AM EDT) : 

How dare these people nearly die when you're on duty. The nerve of some people. Sheesh.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun May 20, 09:52:00 AM EDT) : 

Black squirrel terrorists now? Is Canada known for their hardy rodents or something. Hm, maybe that's not something one brags about though.

7 a.m. shall soon be yours!

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Sun May 20, 12:28:00 PM EDT) : 

18 and a half hours to go. You go girl!

You know what's coming next......raccoons

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Mon May 21, 10:03:00 AM EDT) : 

I hope you can get some well deserved rest now! That squirrel would have scared me as well - I probably would have woken up the neighbors.

 

post a comment