ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 21, 2007

Short post for a short day

You know how nature abhors a vacuum? Well, it took about 30 seconds for The Speedy Yet Effective shawl to go from this:
catless shawl
To this:
Shawl + 1 cat
And then this:
Shawl + 2 cats
Apparently it is an effective cat magnet as well.

I have just enough yarn left to cast off (I hope), but first I will rip back so that the last 4 rows will be garter stitch to minimize rolling. The shawl is smaller than I'd like, so I plan to agressively block it. If that doesn't work, I will frog it and reknit with US 11 needles (I used US 10.5 needles this time - my brand new Harmony needles!!)). I am amazed that I managed to knit it in 2 days - granted, both days were reeeeeally slow at work (respirology call), so I was able to work on it during the day. I am back on ICU for the next 3 days, so I might not touch it again until Christmas Eve.

Happy Winter Solstice to all.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Short post for a short day"

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Fri Dec 21, 05:49:00 PM EST) : 

Those pictures made me smile - I could see the cats gravitating to the shawl ;)

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Sat Dec 22, 10:20:00 AM EST) : 

Thank you for these pictures, not just to see how quickly the shawl knits up, but to have the kitties make me laugh when I am otherwise feeling like crap with a cold/flu/ick thing!

I especially love the color.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Sat Dec 22, 10:43:00 AM EST) : 

Beautiful job! Your kitties must know good knitting when they see it :)

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Thu Dec 27, 12:16:00 PM EST) : 

That is a really quick knit! It looks like your kitties are loving the shawl as well. ;)

 

post a comment