ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 06, 2007

My interview

I didn't bring my laptop with me (I'm spending a few days at home in BC), and The Gambler's laptop is in Vancouver, because The Gambler is there participating in the Inaugural Johnny Chan Poker Classic. So the Sock Knitting Cruise blog entry will have to wait until he gets home.
In the meantime, here are my answers to interview questions asked by Jo
1. What song lyric is the most poignant for you?
When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on
Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes
Sometimes everything is wrong.
2. What thing do you always forget to buy when you are at the grocery store?
Usually something that takes a long time to finish off - like a tub of margarine, or a box of dishwasher detergent. One of those things that we only use intermittently, so it's not in the front of my mind to pick up.
3. What are the next three books you would like to read?
Right now the 3 books sitting on my dresser are "Principles of Mechanical Ventilation", "Trauma", and "Intensive Care Medicine", and those are the ones that should be reading...I'd like to read "The Cult of Efficiency" by Janice Gross Stein, "The Ethical Canary" by Margaret Somerville, and "Suite Francaise" by Irene Nemirovsky
4. Given an infinite amount of free time in an afternoon and all the ingredients at hand, what would you make/bake?
So this is an infinitely long afternoon? Well, for starters I would take a nap. And then I would knit a sweater. But if "make" means cook, then I'd cook something that would involve a big slab of beef and red wine, plus some bread to go with it. (I'm not someone who bakes, but I have been told that breadmaking isn't really baking)
5. Who is the person who has pushed you the hardest to be where you are today?
If the question was merely who pushed me the hardest, the answer would be my mother. However, The Gambler (my husband) is the person who pushed me to take chances and do what is right for me, so he's the one who should get the credit for where I am today.

Want to play? Here's the scoop:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (and your email address)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Labels:

Comments on "My interview"

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Mon May 07, 03:01:00 PM EDT) : 

No - I asked you the questions :) Each subsequent person changes the list of questions...

That reminds me. I need to buy some dishwasher detergent...

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Mon May 07, 04:27:00 PM EDT) : 

Good questions!

This reminds me, I need to buy some dishwasher detergent and answer the questions that PennyKarma sent me.

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Tue May 08, 07:54:00 PM EDT) : 

so glad you had fun on the sock cruise.

can't wait to hear all the details and see photos.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Tue May 08, 09:20:00 PM EDT) : 

interview me. i'm ready for my close-up!k

 

Blogger GamecockDoc said ... (Tue May 08, 10:07:00 PM EDT) : 

What fun, I want to play.
BTW, love the socks you've been working on. Wonderful colors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Dec 28, 08:34:00 AM EST) : 

This is a bit stalkerish, but I have been enjoying your blog archives and ran across this. Interview me - unless you want to seek a restraining order!

my blog is at knotmuchofaknitter.wordpress.com

 

post a comment