ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 16, 2007

Thank God it's Monday!

Wow. I just finished a horrific weekend on call. Complete with patient arriving at the unit at 4:30 AM Monday (my week officially ends at 7 AM Monday - when I went to bed Sunday night I said to The Gambler "they can only hurt me for 8 more hours"...little did I know), finding out that someone else had decided to go to sleep in my on call room, a gazillion phone calls from public health/occupational health, and screaming widow - not necessarily in that order.
The only thing that would have been better than coming home at 9AM for a 3 hour nap would have been if the cats were here. Which reminds me - no success with the old fashioned mouse trap today, but there was a mouse in one of the live traps. The Gambler "took care of it" like the mighty hunter he is. To celebrate the end of my hellish very busy week, I had a glass of wine, watched an episode of CSI, and ate some delicious chili that The Gambler cooked up today. (Am I a crazy woman or what?!)
I also managed to get some quality knitting time in:

Yes, I have made it to the heel. I was spoiled by the 6 ply regia sock yarn; the short row progress is much slower with these socks than with the Djungle Djaywalkers.I'm liking the way that the colours are shifting on the heel; it just occured to me that the "striping" of the pink and blue is actually pooling, and that if I had cast on a few more stitches it might have mixed it up a bit more, but I really don't give a care about it. They're only socks!

Labels:

Comments on "Thank God it's Monday!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Apr 17, 07:45:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow! Sounds like you had quite a night! I love the socks, did I miss what pattern you were using or are you making it up?

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Apr 17, 07:52:00 AM EDT) : 

You'll have to ask the Gambler what his secret is. We had a wounded one that Dr. MS was freaked to touch. Don't mind he was cervically dislocating mice all day at work...

The socks are looking good!

 

post a comment