ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm not dead!

Just dead tired. I ended up going back on call for the ICU last Friday (after finishing call Monday morning), and I hadn't caught up on my sleep yet. I then proceeded to spend an unholy amount of time at the hospital over the weekend (can you say 6 AM to 11:30 PM?). Luckily tomorrow is my last day before a well deserved break because after a few more days of this current pace, I would look like this:

Tonight I packed for my Sock knitting cruise. Heck, I'm just looking forward to being able to sit around all day and knit and eat 3 meals a day that do not involve either a microwave or a heat lamp. I'm a few rows past the heels on the Raindrops Keep Falling on My Socks (sorry, no photos). I should be able to finish them before the end of the month thanks to free knitting time on the boat.

Mousewise, I finally removed the Mouse That Was Previously Alive from the kitchen counter. It only took 2 days. The first day I intended to use section of the newspaper to slide underneath it, and use a second section to cover the top. I was only able to cover the mouse with one section of the newspaper. At least this way I was now able to walk into the kitchen with my eyes open. The next day, I got a garbage bag, opened it up, put the open bag over the newspaper, and started to slide it towards the edge of the counter. When the newspaper started to slide off the mouse, I repositioned the bag, and used a cutting board as a "scraper". I then slid the bag and board towards the edge of the counter, hoping desperately that the mouse would fall into the bag and not onto the floor, because if it hit the floor I would have to go stay at a hotel until The Gambler came to pick the damned thing off of the floor. Luckily, it fell in the bag, and I was able to get on with my life.

But here's the kicker - when I told The Gambler that I finally got rid of the mouse in the kitchen, he said "Oh yeah, before you go, can you check the trap that I left in the basement?"

TRAP IN THE BASEMENT!?!? WHAT WAS HE THINKING???? I haven't even gone down into the basement since we moved in, and there was no way in hell that I was going to go searching for a trap that might contain a mouse that could have been caught in the trap FIVE DAYS EARLIER!!! I told The Gambler that I would just leave the door to the basement closed, because it was pretty unlikely that any smell would make it up to the second floor bedroom (where I sleep) before I left on Friday, so he'd be able to take care of any trap when we both come back on May 10th.

Jo asked why I refer to my husband as The Gambler - I wanted to come up with a blog tag for him, and chose "The Gambler" because he is a poker player, and because he loves the Kenny Rogers song by that name. Plus, HWSMTALMTDWTC doesn't flow well.

Blog contest - some souvenir yarn goes to the first commenter who figures out what unabbreviated version of that title is.

Labels:

Comments on "I'm not dead!"

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Thu Apr 26, 12:24:00 AM EDT) : 

Have a super time on the Sock Knitting Cruise! You deserve a good rest you globetrotting Doc! So glad you got rid of TMTWPA! Good for you!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Apr 26, 07:43:00 AM EDT) : 

HWSMTALMTDWTC= He Who Sings Many Terrible, Although Lovely, Musical Theater Dirges Without Thought (for the) Cats.

I knew your cats never loved musical theater.

Have fun on that cruise!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Thu Apr 26, 08:28:00 AM EDT) : 

He
Who
Seems
Manly
To
All
Lovestruck
Misses
Today
Despite
Wearing
Torn
Chinos

Am I close? ;)

 

Blogger Karen said ... (Thu Apr 26, 04:46:00 PM EDT) : 

Sock cruise! I want that for my birthday!

He Who Squeals More Than A Loose Mouse Trapped Downstairs With Tasty Cheese

I'm right, aren't I? :)

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Thu Apr 26, 10:30:00 PM EDT) : 

He
Who
Slays
Mice
That
Alarm
Ladylungdoc
Must
Take
Dead
Weasels
To
Compactor
?

 

Blogger Dixie said ... (Fri Apr 27, 08:24:00 AM EDT) : 

Husband
Who
Sometimes
Makes
Things
A
Little
More
Trying
Despite
Wife's
Total
Commitment

????

That would certainly describe my dude. lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Apr 27, 09:05:00 AM EDT) : 

HWSMTALMTDWTC

He
Who
Sets
Mouse
Traps
And
Lacks
Motivation
To
Dispose
Whiskery
Tortured
Cat-toys

Yup. That's gotta be it.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Fri Apr 27, 09:15:00 AM EDT) : 

HWSMTALMTDWTC
Husband
Who
Sets
Mouse
Traps
And
Leaves
Me
To
Deal
With
The
Carcasses

Sounds like your sock knitting cruise is very well deserved!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Apr 27, 11:38:00 AM EDT) : 

I think Macoco got it.

I was about to reach my 2 week anniversary today (I'm pretty sure it was today) of no-kills. Guess what I found on my stove today?

A dead mouse. Oh and this one was a bleeder!!!

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Fri Apr 27, 12:12:00 PM EDT) : 

Hope you have a fabulous time on the cruise. Don't forget your camera!

Husband
Who
Solves
My
Troubles
Always
Leaves
Me
To
Deal
With
The
Cats

 

Blogger Karen said ... (Fri Apr 27, 06:00:00 PM EDT) : 

Macoco totally got it! :)

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Mon Apr 30, 11:32:00 PM EDT) : 

Handsome
White
Son-of-a-gun
Man
That
Always
Loves
Making
Toasty
Dinners
With
Tasty
Colas

si? ya ya, i know, i'm way off, but it was fun to play! hope that you're having a blast on the sock-it-to-em-knit-cruise!

 

Blogger Tammy said ... (Tue May 01, 05:02:00 PM EDT) : 

Have a great time on the Cruise! Can't wait to see what you knit up.

 

post a comment