ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Adding insult to injury...

So yesterday morning I came down for breakfast and saw that Kyle had set a mousetrap in the kitchen. I did the quick peek to make sure that there were no casualties (because that would mean me telling Kyle to come down and dispose of the evidence), and saw that the coast was clear. I set about getting my breakfast ready and noticed something (sorry, no photos)...there was mouse poop on the counter right beside the trap, which was itself pristine.

I thought "Oh great, Kyle didn't think to load the trap with bait - was he hoping to scare them to death or just scare the sh!t out of them, because that seems to be the effect the trap has had"

When Kyle got up, I asked him why he didn't bait the trap. "I did" he said. "I put peanut butter on the trap last night".

We re-inspected the trap: the bait plate was so spotless that we could have returned it to Canadian Tire and gotten our money back! Kyle tested the trap with a spoon, and SNAP!

The little bugger(s) licked that bait plate clean! I couldn't believe it!! Did he do some kind of Mission Impossible trick with a rope suspended from the ceiling? (By the way - to my Canadian readers - is the latest Tim Horton's commercial stupid or what? And how the heck does that donut count as being triple chocolate? Two different colours of chocolate icing with chocolate filling is double chocolate in my book. If the donut dough itself was chocolate, then I would buy it. Chocolate drizzle indeed! And don't even get me started about the overuse of white chocolate in their triple chocolate muffin...because white chocolate doesn't provide any chocolate flavour, it just makes things sweet, and the muffin is so sickly sweet that you can't even taste the chocolate. Bah!)
Anyways, where was I - oh yeah, the Macgyver Mouse...I can't believe that not only are our mice some kind of murine stealth burglars, but they have the audacity to take a dump right beside the trap. It's like a mouse version of flipping us the bird!!

I'm tempted to have Kyle fly home tomorrow and bring the cats back Monday just to teach these smart-ass Ontario mice a lesson.

I am a few rows away from turning the heel on the Raindrops Keep Falling On My Socks, so I'll post another progress shot in the next few days. Oh, and I knuckled down to peer pressure and joined Socktopia 4. Crossing my fingers for a sock pal with size 6 feet.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Adding insult to injury..."

 

Blogger Jacque said ... (Sat Apr 14, 11:26:00 PM EDT) : 

LLD,
We had a genius mouse that was outwitting us too, but I got tired of feeding him and came up with this solution:

Get a tapered bowl with a larger opening that bottom. Put the mouse trap in the bowl and bait it. Even if the little bugger steals the bait, he'll slide on the sides of the bowl and will get trapped.

I murdered the whole mouse family so this does work! Hey, they don't call me kitten for nothin'.

Happy Hunting!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sun Apr 15, 12:34:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow! What a mouse!! I have visions now of a mouse suspended in the air ala Mission Impossible now! ;)

Yay, I too hope for a small sized sock pal! :)

 

Blogger Ev said ... (Sun Apr 15, 01:41:00 AM EDT) : 

One mouse? Ask me about Christmas '05 one day. It does help to put the mouse trap perpendicular to the wall; that way they don't go around it. It does work. We trapped 12 of the buggers in a 24 hour period!

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Sun Apr 15, 11:55:00 AM EDT) : 

"MacGyver Mouse" -love it. i don't mean to be heartless it's just such a great story. Between that and his mission impossible stunt, this mouse has been watching far to much action/drama shows. Good luck on catching the little bugger. I've never had a mouse in my flat so i don't have any words of wisdom on how to outwit it.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Apr 15, 02:56:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow. It ate the peanut butter??? Um, lessee, try smearing it on both sides of the bait plate? Really make MacGuyver work for it.

The last one I got was sort of suspended in the air with his little mousie neck in the snap trap. Rigormortis is a beautiful thing.

Good luck!

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Sun Apr 15, 03:11:00 PM EDT) : 

Super Mouse! I like the image of him suspended over the trap, tiny night-vision goggles in place, retrieving the "prize..."
You might ry one of the "humane" traps - I had one once that was a plastic cube with a one-way swinging door - I put a chocolate chip in the back corner, and smeared some peanut butter on the inside of the door - the suckers couldn't resist, and found themselves trapped till morning. I emptied the traps into an empty pickle jar and let them go in a meadow FAR away from my house... no guilt or decapitated mice that way either.

 

Blogger Katherine said ... (Sun May 06, 08:29:00 AM EDT) : 

very funny! Good to see your funny blog when it's too early in the morning!

 

post a comment