ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bad Eunny Rising

I wasn't aware that Famous Internet Knitter (and the new Face of Interweave Knits) Eunny Jang would be a part of the sock cruise. She helped out during the technique workshops, and gave 2 talks on sock anatomy/design. I really like her; she's very easygoing and lots of fun. I also love the fact that she admits to doing geeky things like calculating the ratio of stitches: rows for common stitch patterns. And who knew that in addition to Eunny's fibre prowess, she also has an encyclopedic knowledge of hits of the 60's, 70's, and 80's?

Yep, one of the highlights of the sock knitting cruise was sitting in the piano bar on the last evening with Michelle, Rosalie, and Eunny, singing. The pianist (who called us "The Sockettes") was probably thrilled that someone was actually listening to him, let alone making requests.


We did a CCR duet...

And then tried to find somewhere on the ship that we could dance to ABBA tunes...sadly, there was no DJ in sight in the otherwise empty disco.

More photos Friday - I now have to pack (again) to head back to Toronto. This time we are taking the cats with us, so we need to figure out how much of their stuff we should try to fit into a suitcase. Plus I have to figure out what needles and yarn will head East with me.

Labels:

Comments on "Bad Eunny Rising"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed May 09, 03:15:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh man - you mean I went to bed too early AGAIN! I missed the karoeke performances the first night, too!

 

Blogger Lorette said ... (Wed May 09, 04:45:00 PM EDT) : 

This sounds like some serious fun. If they ever do this again, I am so going. Though you don't want to hear me do karaoke.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed May 09, 06:59:00 PM EDT) : 

Alright then--I figured she was a cool person. But I can't figure out the allure of the calculation of ratio of stitches. But then again I don't dig calculation of (insert any noun here!)

Looks like a fun time!

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Thu May 10, 11:27:00 AM EDT) : 

wow! what a blast.

 

Blogger gretchen said ... (Thu May 10, 12:48:00 PM EDT) : 

back to toronto? I thought you were going to be in BC?? You transcontinental gal, you. Well, I am confessing here that I was your fave color swap pal and your painfully delayed package is on it's way. Hopefully it will be a nice yarny surprise when you get back home!!!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Thu May 10, 01:02:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow. You did karaoke with Eunny Jang? That's so cool.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Fri May 11, 10:29:00 AM EDT) : 

That looks like so much fun! For some reason when you were talking about the sock cruise I just thought you were going on a cruise...and knitting socks. Not that it was an organized knitting event!!! Sometimes I'm just slow like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri May 11, 03:37:00 PM EDT) : 

oh, i wish i could've been there! karaoke is the best fun ever! :-D good luck with your next trip. seems like you're always out of town, LOL!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri May 11, 09:24:00 PM EDT) : 

those photos are priceless (going to link from my blog).

I think that was my favorite time on the cruise as well--I really hope that you come next year.s

 

Blogger Laura said ... (Mon May 14, 02:17:00 AM EDT) : 

Love seeing your pics. Makes me feel like I'm there again!

 

Blogger amylin said ... (Sat May 19, 03:40:00 PM EDT) : 

Looks like a fun night out.

 

post a comment