ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

How to make iced tea

1) Fill insulated travel mug with hot water, add tea bag and sweetener
2) Take travel mug into the car
3) Get to work, start seeing patients
4) Realize that you left the travel mug in the car
5) Realize that it is -15C outside, and your coat and boots are in your office
6) Leave the hospital 9 hours later
7) Remove travel mug from car.
8) Remove lid from travel mug
9) Remove ice and tea bag from travel mug
10) Taste the iced tea, then pour it down the sink
11) Admire pretty patterns formed on the bottom of the travel mug.
*****************************************
I had even more airplane knitting time yesterday, because I had to fly home via Vancouver. Sadly, I lost my sock knitting bag, which contained a tape measure, CHIBI, and crochet hook. I'm hoping that the groomers turned it in to lost and found, but thus far I haven't heard back from Air Canada.
For some reason, I decided that 9.5 + 1.5 = 10. 25; I know that the short row toe is about 1.5 inches long, so I proceeded to knit until the sole was 9.5 inches long. Since I wasn't about to try the sock on in the airport, I didn't catch my error until I got home. I frogged back, and knit the short row toe today, but haven't grafted it shut yet. That's tonight's excitement. By the way - the socks now have a Capitalized Name - the Jungle Jaywalkers. This colourway is Dschungel (german for jungle). On second thought, maybe I'll call these the Djungle Jaywalkers. Or even the Djungle Djaywalkers. I love German - any language which creates new words just by putting the corresponding smaller words (Einbahnstrasse) together gets a vote from me. Plus, it gave us the word 'shaudenfraude', and my favourite 'spinbarkeit'. I wonder if german contains a word for "not funny ha-ha, but funny in an ironic way that doesn't completely fulfill the criteria for irony. Like rain on your wedding day."

Labels: , ,

Comments on "How to make iced tea"

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Tue Mar 13, 11:20:00 PM EDT) : 

Interesting way to make iced tea! Bummer though, I keep leaving my water in the car...and keep buying it at work..grr! Bummer about your sock bag! Glad you didn't lose your sock though! It's looking great! :)

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Mar 14, 07:51:00 AM EDT) : 

That's a pretty colored tea though!

The Djungle Djaywalkers are looking good. And I love your naming of them!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Wed Mar 14, 08:58:00 AM EDT) : 

What an ingenious way to make iced tea! I don't think it ever occurred to me to try that...

Too bad about the sock bag. Do they actually let you take Chibis on the plane? I have a flight to Germany coming up and am already planning my knitting for the occasion.

 

Blogger Lorena said ... (Thu Mar 15, 10:02:00 PM EDT) : 

Okay, the iced tea gave me the giggles. But... did the mug recover?

 

post a comment