ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Limbo has a mailing address

I'm 12 hours from the end of my first week (12 hours on call, that is, not stuck in the hospital, knock on wood). The good news is that I have a temporary place to live!! We came across a furnished house for rent that is about 15 minutes from the hospital. Ironically, the woman who owns it has been transferred to Vancouver, but doesn't want to sell her place until she knows that it's going to work out. Her indecision is our gain!!

It's your typical subdivision house, in a typical bedroom community. Not my cup of tea for the long term, but better than going stir crazy in a 300 sq foot hotel suite! And it's just a few minutes away from the LYS (which was closed yesterday for Spring Break. As a childless person, it alway amazes me that so many things are affected by Spring Break: when had a University position, I was amazed that Grand Rounds were cancelled over Spring Break). I probably won't spend much time there during my weeks off; until we sell our house, I'll fly back to BC those times.

I'm not sure how much time Kyle will spend there, or whether we will move the cats there or not. But at least I know where I will be!

Comments on "Limbo has a mailing address"

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Sun Mar 11, 08:31:00 PM EDT) : 

Hey I know another LYS...The Sweet Sheep..come on over and have some tea!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Mar 12, 06:34:00 AM EDT) : 

Glad you've found somewhere to crash for a while.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Mon Mar 12, 07:16:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh *fine*. Now I have "Sittin' Here in Limbo" running through what I laughingly call my brain. Congratulations on finding a perch. It's spring break here, too. I went in at 4:45 to wake LittleBit, and she was quiet for nearly a full minute before she gently and politely reminded me that she didn't *have* to get up. I'm off to work in half an hour -- leaving early because there's something I want to photograph for my blog -- and am taking Thursday and Friday off. Fourteen more months, and "spring break" will no longer factor into my plans. Woohoo!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Mar 12, 07:33:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh thank god, out of the hotel. Hotels SUCK!

Yeah the whole "spring break" theory esp. when there's a university around is interesting. I always enjoyed the quiet though--a good preview of summer.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Mon Mar 12, 09:14:00 AM EDT) : 

Yes, I know too! You'll be INSIDE the LYS! : )

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Mon Mar 12, 01:00:00 PM EDT) : 

Great news! Good for you! :)

 

Blogger Nederlass said ... (Mon Mar 12, 05:19:00 PM EDT) : 

Yay, congrats on the temporary place!

 

post a comment