ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Another day, another resolution

I went out cross country skiing this morning, and Oh. My. God. It. Makes. My. Muscles. Burn. (And that was on the "Squirrel" trail) Of course, some of that is because I am skiing without wax on my skis, because someone who works at the best ski/board/cycle shop in town sold me Classic style ski wax despite the fact that I was buying Skate skis. Classic style wax = sticky. Skate ski wax = slippery. When I went out on Sunday, I ended up having to take the wax off of the skis in order to get anywhere. There's a waxing clinic next week at the cross country ski club, so I'm leaving them bare until then.

We had an unusually sunny day when we went downhill skiing this Saturday. Made for some artsy photos:
As you can see, My bright orange ski suit guarantees that I will never be lost in a blizzard. When I went looking for yarn to knit my antifreeze (a helmet friendly balaclava to keep my face warm on the nonsunny days), black was the safest colour choice (funnily enough, construction crew orange isn't an easy yarn colour to find.) No black worsted weight superwash wool at the LYS, so I decided to mix some black with a variegated grey/black yarn. If you look closely, you can see that the cats still have spare hair to shed:


Today's resolution tally: Broke #2, #24; Kept #1, #3, #5,#17, #25, #28; Postponed #6.
I'm having some doubts about this pattern; 6 stitches per inch x cast on of 80 stitches = about 13 inches circumference. I know it's supposed to fit tightly, but I don't have a wee little button nose! So I am moving up from a US 4 to a US 6 needle.

Comments on "Another day, another resolution"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Jan 03, 10:16:00 AM EST) : 

Oh man, now I'm getting CC ski envy. First with the snow, now with the skiing! Ha ha!

Seems like I've seen construction orange yarn before--but now I can't remember where...hm. The grey/black/cat hair color is nice too. Only your head will get lost in a blizzard. ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Jan 03, 12:47:00 PM EST) : 

Yep, definitely jealous too. It's grey and wet here. Nothing to write home about. (Well, maybe you would, since you're not actually from around here, but you know what I mean. ;)

Look forward to seeing you in full bankrobbing gear!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Wed Jan 03, 08:08:00 PM EST) : 

Sigh...I miss skiing, both CC and downhill (although I'm quite the snow gathering bunny!)

I like what you've knit so far, hope it works out for you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Jan 03, 08:32:00 PM EST) : 

Snow and skiing. We don't have skiing, and I'm sooo bad at CC skiing that I'm not even going to try downhill. But it was strangely fun, and I can see how it would be even more fun if I were any good at it.

Those are great pictures!

 

post a comment