ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What I did this long weekend...Part 1

To be honest, a significant portion of it was spent on the couch, as I tried to will myself back to a state of health, or at least a state that involved a fully functional voice. Something worked, because today was the first day that I left the office with fewer charts awaiting dictation than when I got there.


The big excitement was that I finished Sock B - a day shy of one month from when I cast on.
As you can see, there is still someweaving in of ends to do, but it's off the needles. My first pair of socks. Yay me!
This is how much yarn is left over. That's a cork to use as a size reference. In our house, it's easier to find corks quarters.


Here's the Knapsack, together with the pattern.
It's going to be interesting to see how the Kureyon will look when felted. - in some spots, the 2 yarns didn't quite match up, so that in those areas there are 2 different colours knit together.
Somerset finds it quite comfy. Where's that Kitty Pi?

I also started on a pair of Fetching fingerless gloves (haven't taken any photos yet - will upload tomorrow). And I finally learned another cast on method. Up until now, I had been using the long tail method, which can be a royal pain in the keester if you are casting on more than 30 or 40 stitches, because invariably you end up having not enough yarn to cast on or you have a ton of excess yarn that attracts the attention of nearby cats when it dangles from your knitting...Up until Saturday, I knew that there were other cast on methods, but hadn't looked into them, and didn't realize that they could be so much less hassle than the long tail. It's like I have a new secret power!

Comments on "What I did this long weekend...Part 1"

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Wed Sep 06, 09:55:00 PM EDT) : 

Yay! Nice job on your first socks! BTW, I love long-tail cast on, but I hear you about large numbers of stitches...I won't tell you how many times I've had to frog to get more or less yarn.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Sep 07, 12:48:00 AM EDT) : 

As a new initiate to the long-tail cast-on,I have to say that I thought it was just me!
The socks are fabulous, btw. Take care of yourself, so that you're ready to come to T.O.

 

Blogger Westozcaat said ... (Thu Sep 07, 02:58:00 AM EDT) : 

great job on the socks and bag- what was the new cast on you learnt- i only know two, the long-tail and the crochet chain provincial.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Thu Sep 07, 09:30:00 AM EDT) : 

Congrats on your socks...are you addicted yet??
Your kitty is so adorable...what is his/her name?
I have 4 skeins in the shop with your name on them...that's 8 socks...so exciting!

 

Blogger Karen said ... (Thu Sep 07, 09:37:00 AM EDT) : 

Yay! Socks! I lurve socks.

Fetching is quick and easy...you'll love them.

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Thu Sep 07, 09:41:00 AM EDT) : 

Beautimous socks! I love the color! What yarn is it? Congrats on your first sock! And yay! New cast-ons!

 

Blogger Kris said ... (Thu Sep 07, 01:34:00 PM EDT) : 

I love the long tail cast on and the twisted german CO. But, pray tell what new method did you learn?

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Thu Sep 07, 07:51:00 PM EDT) : 

The socks look fantastic. Somerset is so adorable in that photo. I love it.

 

post a comment