ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

OK...new word...one syllable...sounds like... gem?...

Phlegm!!
I swear to your deity of choice that I almost resorted to charades during my clinic today. Come to think of it, I used the universal symbol for "smaller" [index finger held parallel to the thumb] to indicate to a slighty deaf patient that the metastases on his most recent chest xray had shrunk compared to the previous one. Yes, I had even less voice today than I did yesterday, although at least my head no longer felt like it was stuffed with cotton batting. Our receptionist reassured me that what voice remains sounds sexy - great, where do I sign up for the 1-900 number service? Or maybe I just sound like Margaret Atwood.

I got some great stuff in the mail yesterday - my Favourite Colourswap package from Jane, and my prize from cpurl for guessing the most macros correctly: Looks too good to open, eh?
Can you believe this? Lorna's laces, Brittany DPNs, AND a Lantern Moon bag!!
***Edited to add - this is the swag that cpurl sent me - click on the link above to view Jane's sweet prezzies. Yeah, yeah, I could just cut and paste, I know. Give me a break, I'm sick!***

Will close this post off with a quote from DH: "Do you know what the best part is about all this Secret Pal stuff? Now you pick up the mail regularly!"

Comments on "OK...new word...one syllable...sounds like... gem?..."

 

Blogger Sweet Camden Lass said ... (Thu Aug 31, 05:01:00 AM EDT) : 

I'm so pleased you're pleased (as I lie back and laugh and cough and croak: why is the common cold such a trial?!)

Jane

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Thu Aug 31, 07:44:00 AM EDT) : 

YOU must be my secret pal, because the girl at "knitthat" hasn't posted a comment since november of 2004. yippie i finally know where to find you. i am gonna have so much fun reading your blog but will have to wait til the weekend. thanks so much for my final package. i love everything. i am assuming the handspun merino/silk blend wool from kristen in chicago is also from you.(?) it's super uber cool. shame about the cold, hope your feeling better soon.

 

Blogger Not An Artist said ... (Thu Aug 31, 09:08:00 AM EDT) : 

Lucky girl, what a great package! You are totally inspiring me to sign up for SP9 :)

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Thu Aug 31, 10:51:00 AM EDT) : 

mmmm lorna's laces!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Thu Aug 31, 11:22:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh wow. What a lucky gal you are! At least you have Lorna's Laces to sooth your throat! Feel better soon!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Thu Aug 31, 07:04:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice package! And it's purple, too! The yarn, I mean. I love purple yarn.

Hope you feel better soon and get your voice back. Few things suck as much as having to communicate important things without talking. I can't imagine doing medical stuff charades!

"Huh... is it appendicitis? Syphilis? Swallowed a fork to get out of jail?"
When my mom was an intern, they actually had a guy who swallowed a fork to get out of jail. He didn't get further than the hospital, though. Guess he was really uncomfortable...

 

Blogger Kris said ... (Thu Aug 31, 07:35:00 PM EDT) : 

Being sick sucks. I have felt like puking for days. Worst part is that my son is having surgery soon and I want to make sure he doesn't get what I have. Combine it with hubby having just started his clinical rotations for med school. blech.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Sep 01, 02:59:00 AM EDT) : 

Lucky gal to get all of the pretty prezzies! Remember to clutch the soft
delectible fibers to your throat to help ward off the evil cold spirits!
(also, cuddling kitties helps with the healing, I swear!)
Hope you feel better soon,
-Liz

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Fri Sep 01, 10:32:00 AM EDT) : 

Man, you guys are all bringing back memories of having one of my dad's big scratchy work socks safety pinned around my Vicks Vaporub coated neck when I had a sore throat as a kid.

 

post a comment