ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 08, 2006

Haggling with fame

A few weekends ago, Kyle and I were out and about on a Saturday, and decided to stop at some garage sales to see if we could find any vinyl records for him to melt.
We stopped at one yard sale, and as we were inspecting at the merchandise, we overheard one of the 3 people minding the sale as she spoke on the cordless phone: "Hi there, I'm the reining Miss Teen Canada, and I was wondering if your salon would be willing to style my hair and my chaperone's hair for the pageant gala?"


So... We asked Miss Teen Canada 2006 if we could get a picture with her.
Then we picked up some blank note cards and silk flower petals from her entourage for 2 bucks (I later saw the same silk flower petals at Michaels for $20 - score!). By the way - it was completely unintentional for Kyle and I to both be wearing red shirts and khaki pants that day - I got dressed while he was taking a shower, and then went downstairs to have breakfast. When he came down, I said "Glad to see you got the memo". And there's no need to leave an anonymous comment - I realize now that I should have worn a bra that day.

Comments on "Haggling with fame"

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Fri Sep 08, 11:25:00 AM EDT) : 

Oooh! Got your blogstalking assignment done a day early! Yay!

 

Blogger Karen said ... (Fri Sep 08, 01:40:00 PM EDT) : 

I think you are all going to have more exciting photos than me...if I can find my photos that is. :)

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Fri Sep 08, 02:29:00 PM EDT) : 

I love the matching outfits - too funny! I lived with a bf and that would happen all the time and he would make one of us change. ;)

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Fri Sep 08, 04:28:00 PM EDT) : 

Cool! You got the blog stalking assignment done without even trying! Now I'm thinking I'm getting old, though. Because I can no longer reliably tell the difference between 12 and 16. Back then, that was, like, so obvious.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Sep 08, 09:43:00 PM EDT) : 

Eh, mah, gah! Miss Teen Canada!!!! Color me jealous.

 

Blogger OLPP said ... (Mon Sep 11, 07:24:00 PM EDT) : 

JungleJim and I very often end up wearing matching outfits. Actually, only one- khaki pants and a black top. However, we've never been photographed with Miss Teen Canada!

 

post a comment