ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Cast away...

A few people asked about which cast on I learned this weekend - it's the knit cast on. A great knitty article showed me the way. From the description of the long tail cast on given, I'm surprised that I was able to recall how to do it when I came back to knitting after my few years of hiatus. I still have to learn to do a cable chain cast on. I learned the Mobius Cast On from Cat Bordhi herself, which is a provisional cast on, but I haven't figured out how to use it for a single loop. I used the "figure 8" cast on with magic loop for the socks, so theoretically I knew 2 non-long tail cast ons before this weekend, but only for use in very specific conditions.

Oh - and the sock yarn - Socks that Rock in Spinel colourway; it's a teal with very subtle variations in tone. Awesome to knit with, especially now that I am using some Opal and have something to compare the STR with. It would look great with any pattern, but for a change, I decided not to overextend my reach and just did this sock in plain stockinette.

I had planned to upload my "celebrity" shot today, but sadly, blogger doesn't feel like uploading my photos today. I will hopefully have a chance to do so before I head out of town on Saturday morning. Maybe I should take this opportunity to pack. Have to figure out what knitting stuff to take, don't you know ;)

Comments on "Cast away..."

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Fri Sep 08, 07:27:00 AM EDT) : 

i;ve noted that when blogger doesn't let me upload a bunch of photos all at the same time. if i go back and try just one image, sometimes it lets me do that. the only downfall is that it takes an extra ten minutes since you can only load one image at a time but it seems to work for the most part. happy packing!!!

 

post a comment