ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 26, 2006

An own goal?

For the first time ever, I underestimated the amount of yarn to take on a trip. I have a 3+ hour flight tomorrow, and about 45 minutes worth of wool for my World Cup Sweater. Argh!

And to add insult to injury, I was getting stuff packed up today and passed the sweater over to my hubby and asked him "Do you like the way the colours are working out?"
He replied: "Sure. Um, is the neckline going to stay like that?"
I initially thought that he was concerned because it is rolling, and I replied "Oh, don't worry, I will be putting some ribbing on the collar."
Then I realized what he meant - he is not a fan of V neck sweaters. I knew this when I picked the pattern, but didn't think it was something impossible to overcome. I showed him the pattern before I started, pointing out the V neck, and he did not raise the issue (he instead mocked the wimpiness of the model on the pattern).
I am close to being halfway done (I think), so I told him "I can just frog what I have done so far and start over if you want. At this point, the amount of time that will have been wasted is the same amount of time that I would spend finishing it, so if you aren't going to wear it anyways, I might as well cut my losses."
So we of course start getting into one of those "You're mad" "No, I AM NOT MAD" type arguments discussions.
From what I gather - he didn't really want a sweater. He thought it would be kind of neat for me to knit a sweater for him, and that I would have fun doing it.
I thought he wanted me to knit something for him, and that he wanted something that he would actually wear. I specifically wanted to knit something that he would like.
Now he's going to feel that if he doesn't wear it, I will be upset. I'm peeved that I didn't just go ahead and start working on my first pair of socks as a World Cup Project.
No wonder the Sweater Curse exists.

Anyways, when we get home, I'm going to make him try what exists thus far on. If it fits him, I will finish it. Maybe I will try to figure out how to put a collar on it. If it is too small, then I will frog it. And then I will start working on a pair of socks for myself. And if I do finish it and he doesn't wear the damned thing more than once, I will either frog it and make something felted, or shrink it so that it fits me.
Pictures to come in the next few days.

Comments on "An own goal?"

 

post a comment