ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Parlez vous tricoter?

For a city full of artists, it is surprising that there are so few yarn shops in Montreal. Sadly, I am on a working vacation (emphasis on the working), so I haven't had the chance to check any of them out. Mental note - if you are going to head to Montreal and need to adjust to waking up early, a wedding in Toronto the weekend before is a baaaad idea.

Progress on the World Cup sweater has been slow. The combination of Noro Kureyon and the Debbie plastic cord does not make for speedy knitting - I end up having to shove the stitches down the needle. I want to go buy some Addis (now that I have aquired the Magic Loop secret power), but that whole not-being-able-to-get-to-a-yarn-store bit keeps getting in the way.

Next up is a wedding in Ottawa; if worst comes to worst, I should be able to pop into one yarn shop and get some needles. I also need to get an extra skein or 2 of the Kureyon, because I don't know if I've got quite enough. I am thinking that I might mix the balls together on the sleeves, since this might allow me to keep the stripes a bit closer in width to the body of the sweater. I would post a photo, but the progress is so meagre that I would need a macro function on my camera.

Comments on "Parlez vous tricoter?"

 

post a comment