ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

SP8 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Merino, cotton/silk blends. Don't like anything that is fuzzy, especially eyelash yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a leatherette case that my set of aluminum needles came in. My Debbie needles live in their case. The rest of my circs, DPNs and bamboo needles generally stay in their vinyl packaging, or they migh sit in a bamboo bin that I keep some knitting stuff in.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Started to knit in 2001, kept it up for about 2 years, then got too busy to knit. Picked my knitting back up last fall, because my new job and new location meant more spare time.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
no.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love the scent of cloves. Gardenia and jasmine are my favorite florals.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Love love love chocolate - the darker the better. Whie chocolate is evil, mint chocolate is a waste of good chocolate, and although I dislike raspberries on their own, raspberry chocolate is fine. Not a big non-chocolate candy freak, although I am a big gingerbread fan. My favourite candy would probably be Chocolate covered almonds - I love reese's peanut butter cups, but they should start making almond butter cups, and cover them with dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Nothing else right now. I do Spinning (aka Power Pacing) classes at my local Y, but don't spin yarn at all.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Eighties music - from Bon Jovi and Def Leppard to Natalie Merchant and Erasure. More current bands I like are Killers and Green Day. I have a fondness for female musicians who are more famous for their singing than their (lack of) wardrobe. I don't listen very much to commercial radio - primarily CBC Radio 1, and Sirius Radio (Alt Nation, 1st Wave, Hair Nation, and the 80's and 90's channels, with the occasional dabble in CBC Radio 3). I have an mp3 player.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Teal or lime green. I tend to like jewel tones rather than pastels, but I also like rust and rich browns.
Any colors you just can't stand? Beige makes me look washed out, dusty rose makes me look jaundiced, and I hate mustard yellow and hot pink.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have one amazing husband and 2 incredibly cute cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats, mitts - yes (even though I grew up in Winnipeg, I am a suck when it comes to being cold). No ponchos for me, thanks - I can never figure out how to wear them under a jacket.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I prefer top down sweaters.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am just finishing off a mobius scarf, have a Somewhat Cowl on the go, and have a tank top that I have been knitting intermittently since 2002.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Not a fan of plastic, except for my Debbie Set. I like the fact that aluminum is cool and slippery, but also like the concept of wooden needles. I would love to get my hands on some Addi Turbo circs one day.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, and I could totally use them. I end up hanging skeins of yarn on the back of a chair and winding the ball by hand, all while trying to keep my cats away from it. I have one skein that is a totally tangled mess, because I tried to wind it into a ball while sitting on a plane.

17. How did you learn to knit?
I took a knitting class at a yarn shop.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
The 2002 tank top. It's probably about 75% done. This past fall, I frogged what I had completed of a sweater that I started back in 2001 - I realized that the style was too baggy for me. I had done about 50% of the back.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
A beach holiday.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
I like handblown glass, but I wouldn't call myself a collector.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis. Knitting for Anarchists by Anna Zilboorg. Blue Moon Fibre Arts sock yarn. Addi turbo circs that are small enough to knit socks with. I have no knitting magazine subscriptions.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I learned cables back in 2001, but haven't done them since then. I would like to start knitting with beads, and have just done my first felt. I want to learn how to knit socks.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have about 4 different sock yarns, but have not yet knit any socks. My foot is a size 11B - 9 inch ankle circumerence, and 10.5 inches from the back of my heel to the tip of my big toe.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
October 19.

Comments on "SP8 questionnaire"

 

post a comment