ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Absurdities

We went out to see Famous Puppet Death Scenes last night. I had expected it to be a bit more humourous, but I think it would best be summed up as "puppet theatre of the absurd". Interesting, though. The last scene was quite touching. The amazing this is how real the puppet movements look even when you can see the puppeteer(s) making the movement.

The following part of the post will be much more meaningful once blogger decides it will actually upload my pictures. Must be all of that Easter internet traffic.

This is "the Schnoz". It's a Kleenex box cover that I bought at our hospital gift shop, of all places. Made me laugh when I saw it. It lives in our "monkey bathroom".



And the final absurdity: This was how far along I was on the Somewhat Cowl yesterday morning.

I was able to knit for at least 2 or 3 hours yesterday(off and on). Here is what it looked like this morning.
Can you see the difference?

I'm almost at the point where I will be taking the sleeves off of the needle - which will at least decrease the number of stitches in each row. I haven't timed how long it takes to do a row yet because it would be too depressing. The nice thing about using my superlong Debbie cord is that I can just stretch the work out amy time I am finished a row to "try it on", rather than have to thread it onto yarn. Once I start knitting in the round, it might get a bit unwieldy to have so much spare cable; I wil see how it goes. Right now it feels like I will never reach that point.

Comments on "Absurdities"

 

post a comment