ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Les Livres

I stopped by a used book store on my way home from the office today, because I wanted to pick up one of these for my French class:




Before I even walked in the door, I saw this perched on the outside ledge of their window with the rest of the $2 books:


Along with the dictionary, I picked these up as well:




The semantics find was kind of ironic - French has fewer words than English (at least in daily usage), and there is much more care taken in the words used to create a phrase or sentence. There's even an Academy that has a mandate to determine the appropriate usage of language.

Comments on "Les Livres"

 

post a comment