ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 27, 2006

New Project: MaryElla

I have added yet another project to my list of WIPs; my first project which involves knitting with beads. This is the beginning of "Maryella". Needles, beads and floss courtesy of earthfaire.com. Ceramic bowl they are sitting in by me(c 1996). Criminally high "handling fee" on the package the supplies came in courtesy of Canada Customs.

I intended to make this for my one skien secret pal, but I found a better project to make for her. So this will be for my friend Ute. Took an entire evening to string the damned beads onto the floss. Now that they are on, it is knitting up more quickly than I would have expected; the benefit of there only being 15 stitches per row!
Blogger doesn't want to upload photos right now. Sigh. Earlier on I posted and the post disappeared - but I can rest easy, because their engineers have been notified;
"Oh. My. God. Her post has been lost! Quick, drop everything and search the server..."

The colour combo I chose was the "abracadabra" beads and pink floss. The floss is very pink - bubble gum pink to be exact. I am concerned that it will make the cuff look cheap, but hopefully that is just because it is a colour that I would never wear myself. As is often the case, the picture of the FO on the pattern page looks much nicer than what is on my needles right now. Have to figure out what kind of closure I should use.

Comments on "New Project: MaryElla"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Tue May 30, 07:06:00 AM EDT) : 

This is beautiful. And thanks so much for the link for the yoga socks. I don't know if I will do those for the OneSkein but I might do them for Christmas Presents!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Tue May 30, 03:56:00 PM EDT) : 

oooh pretty. That's from One Skein? Really? I hadn't thought there was anything that "grabbed" me in it, but that - oooh shiney!

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Thu Jun 01, 11:21:00 PM EDT) : 

Turtlegirl:
MaryElla is from Knitty, not from One Skein. It is a "one skein" project because it uses one skein of DMC floss. Actually, it uses much less than one skein, as I learned when I came to the end of the beads that I had strung onto the floss before finishing the bracelet. For some reason that is diffucult to fully explain, I did not want to cut the floss, so I unwound the remaining floss from the spool, strung more beads, and then rewound the floss on the spool. I'm pretty sure that there will be enough floss left to do a second one.

 

post a comment