New Project: MaryElla
|I have added yet another project to my list of WIPs; my first project which involves knitting with beads. This is the beginning of "Maryella". Needles, beads and floss courtesy of earthfaire.com. Ceramic bowl they are sitting in by me(c 1996). Criminally high "handling fee" on the package the supplies came in courtesy of Canada Customs.|
I intended to make this for my one skien secret pal, but I found a better project to make for her. So this will be for my friend Ute. Took an entire evening to string the damned beads onto the floss. Now that they are on, it is knitting up more quickly than I would have expected; the benefit of there only being 15 stitches per row!
"Oh. My. God. Her post has been lost! Quick, drop everything and search the server..."
The colour combo I chose was the "abracadabra" beads and pink floss. The floss is very pink - bubble gum pink to be exact. I am concerned that it will make the cuff look cheap, but hopefully that is just because it is a colour that I would never wear myself. As is often the case, the picture of the FO on the pattern page looks much nicer than what is on my needles right now. Have to figure out what kind of closure I should use.