ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Havin' a Heat Wave...


My gourd! It hit 34 C yesterday and today. You know what that means, right? No, not just cats laying around in unusual postures. "Ohh, it's so hot. Must flop down somewhere and look like I have lost all use of my legs" The reason the cat picuted above actually has some semblance of alertness is that this picture was taken at 6:30 AM, when it was only 75F in the house (I only know Celcius, but we have a unilingual thermostat which speaks Farenheit). Rest assured that near comatose cat bodies were making maximum body contact with the tile when the thermostat read 85F.

Hot weather means sandals! Many complete with exposed toes. Eek!
Now, I can do a half decent job painting my nails, but not as good as when I get a manicure/pedicure. I have a secret power of generally doing something to shmuck up a reasonably fresh coat of polish - even getting fabric imporints from the sheets while sleeping. I am lucky if a manicure lasts 5 days. Pedicures last longer - pristine for 2, at most 3 weeks. Since I don't have the inclination to get weekly manicures and pedicures every 3 or 4 weeks, I decided to give modern nail tachnology a try.
This is a freshly applied coat of Bio Sculpture Gel, which is supposedly very flexible, so it's not likely to chip,split, or lift, and you can often go 4-6 weeks between touchups. It is nothing like the acrylic nails I once had done on my hands during a visit to Los Angeles about 15 years ago (OMG, I am old). It just feels like nail polish. It is cured with UV light, so no nasty chemical fumes. The groovy background is a great skirt that I bought at Simons in Montreal.
So, we will see how these things last. I also have the ability to break nails in unlikely situations - like by banging my nail against the car door window when I go to close the door. So it will be interesting to see how this stuff copes with that.

Total off topic - the TV in front of me is on so that DH can watch basketball. I just saw a commercial for McCain frozen Smoothie Mix - "ready just in time". Something bad happens to a family member, and you quickly make them a smoothie. Excellent - we don't already use food as comfort to an unhealthy degree?
The mark of a good wife/mother - she can make a sugary high calorie drink to console you in record time. Bah. This is why I don't miss watching TV

Comments on "Havin' a Heat Wave..."

 

post a comment