ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 05, 2006

a week without knitting

I haven't touched my knitting since last Sunday; not on purpose, but just a combination of being busy and fate. The fate aspect being that I went to my Wednesday night knitting group with my projects in my brand new knitting bag, only to find that I did not have the needles to use! My tank top is on both of the 4mm needles, and I didn't have a spare needle to use as a stitch holder. As it happened, nobody else showed up, so I just drank my chai and headed home. The other non-knitting opportunity was the fact that I drove up to the ski hill on my own rather than being a passenger.

We flew to Vancouver this weekend, and I ended up sleeping on the plane both ways. I was wearing a big heavy "curling sweater" that my Grandmother knit for my Dad; it worked well for the weather we had. I think this sweater is several years older than I am. As you can see, it is great to cuddle up in:


For a moment I considered frogging it and knitting something new, but I do actually get wear out of it. So I decided I might as well keep it as is. On the plane today a woman across he aisle from us was raving about how it was such a classic. There's a dropped stitch in the back that I will have to figure out how to fix.

Comments on "a week without knitting"

 

post a comment