ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A little Flair

I have come to the conclusion that Wendy Bernard is short. Not just "shorter than I am" short - more like "wee little bit of a thing" short.
Why?

Because I am knitting myself a Flair cardigan out of some bulky yarn. Since the pattern is written for worsted weight yarn, according to my tension swatch, the instructions for size XS would knit up to something that would be the right size for me.

Flair march 28 pre rip This was how far I got before I decided to try it on. Sadly, the fronts barely overlapped. But another problem with it was that the buttons were far too close together; even despite the change in row gauge. If you look at the Ravelry Project Gallery page, most people end up adding several buttons to the front. Probably because the "bottom" button ends up landing at or just below the bustline. Rather than at the bottom of the rib cage or lower as the pattern photo suggests.

Flair with collar april 6

I switched to 18 rows between buttonholes, and will probably stick with just 5 buttons. At this point, according to the pattern, I should have started knitting the seed stitch border several rows back. Now I know that I'm taller than the average person, but that's mighty cropped! Luckily I have 4 more skeins than the yardage called for. I should even be able to knit full length sleeves.

Labels:

Comments on "A little Flair"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Apr 07, 09:45:00 PM EDT) : 

Yeah I imagine she would be wee.

At least the pattern calls for you wearing pants when you wear the sweater. (I love all the pantless models in her book!)

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Fri Apr 09, 08:31:00 AM EDT) : 

Being on the opposite side of the spectrum (I'm not quite 5 feet tall), I always have to crop a few inches off the length. The colour is lovely on you - I'm sure you will be able to modify the pattern.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Mon Apr 12, 08:20:00 AM EDT) : 

Still and all, it looks nice on you.

 

post a comment