ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Firenze

I spent 2 days in Florence:The first day I was there with The Gambler.

He was quite happy with his Florentine Steak - all 1.2 kg of it.


The second day I went there on my own (our villa was right on the train line that runs between Rome and Florence)


I stumbled upon the indoor market, and also spent some time at an awesome yarn shop. It was actually kind of overwhelming - so much so that I didn't take any pictures of it! (I had visions of one of the ladies working there tossing me out - they looked pretty no nonsense)

When I walked in, I was greeted by the "1 Euro per 100 g" wall.


I got 6 of these - the label indicates that it's "Misto Alpaca"
I also picked up this beauty for 2 Euros.
It's a laceweight, and it looks like I've got alot of it...
...lots and lots of it.


**************
On a totally unrelated note - is anyone else somewhat amused by all the "Election Day" daytime coverage - there's really nothing to report. I haven't seen so many somewhat irrelevant statistics since the last time I watched a baseball game on TV. I guess that's why the Fake Text Message is getting so much press.

I will be interested to see how much difference there is between the exit polls and the actual results are; if there is a significant "Bradley Effect" how much have things really changed?

Labels:

Comments on "Firenze"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Nov 04, 07:46:00 PM EST) : 

I love that chandelier thingy.

I'm interested to see if the Bradley effect will be in play too. I can't believe the press is predicting as much as they are--did they learn anything from the 2000 debacle?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Wed Nov 05, 12:35:00 PM EST) : 

I watched the coverage by Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert sharing the stage. A lot more entertaining. They actually did a 'fake news' piece, interviewing people on the street about the "Bradley Effect"

 

post a comment